Triaxis with Stomp Box Effects??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarman52

Reaction score
Hello to all, I am thinking about consolidating my rack to consist of just my Triaxis and my 50/50 power amp.....(to save space and weight..)

What I was thinking about and here is the question... Can I set up a Pedal board with outboard gear...such as a Reverb / Delay Pedal / Chorus Pedal / and a Pedal Tuner...

If something like this is Possible.... what would be the BEST WAY..... to set it all up..... in which order, and should I use the Snd/RTn or go directly into the Triaxis.....

anyway this is something I have been pondering on doing and I just figured I would throw it out there and let my Fellow Boogie Board Members shed some light and very knowledgeable insight into such a set up.....

Thanks for any and all help........

George

Depending on the pedals, you should get the best results running time effects (delay, reverb, chorus, flange) and pitch effects in the FX loop. You can either put them in the TA FX loop or between the TA and the power amp, but the latter will have very hot signal levels and may clip the effects.

You may also want to run something like a flange or univibe before the TA, but that's your business. The big issue is noise. If you run your guitar way over to your TA and then run the loop way back to you and then back to the TA, that's a lot of long cabling. WOrse if you run to the pedalboard for OD/Wah/etc, then to the TA, then back to the board, then back to the TA... You can simplify it a bit by having a custom snake made for not too much $$. I would also use transformer isolators so that you can run balanced cables back and forth, reducing cable noise. If you do that, the snake should be made with TRS balanced cables.

As an alternative, you could get a MIDI-controlled FX switcher, and keep all the FX pedals in the rack (with short cables), and only run a MIDI cable out on the stage to a MIDI controller. A bit more work and cost, but a really clean set up.

Thanks for the reply..... You have brought to light a very important fact that I may have inadvertently over looked..and that is the extended CABLE Run to and from the TA....
and the induction of possible noise into the system because of that......

Point Well Taken........ and then spending more money on special snakes to be built and the routing of everything......

Well after "sleeping" on it..... I have reconsidered and I think for all practical rationale we should just leave well enough alone.....

AS of right now.... my Rack Consists of...

Alesis Power Conditioner (with lights)
Sabine Rack Tuner
Digitech Quad 4 Studio Effects Unit ( Used or Reverb, Delay,Flange,Chorus,EQ, and Noise Gate.)
Triaxis (Very early Ver.2 NO MODS!!)
Mesa 50 / 50 Power Amp
Voodoo Labs Ground Control Plus Pedal

(also have GCX Switcher System, Just not set up in rack at this time.. I use that when I switch out the 50/50 and put in the single spc. 20/20 )

This is all fed into one of Three (3) Different 2X12 Bottoms I own...
1) Mesa Boogie Recto (closed Back) 2X12 with the V30's Speakers
2) BFI 2X12 With Celestions G12 T- 75 Speakers
3) Kustom 2X12 with Weber Signature 12 Speakers with the Ceramic Mags....

Guitars:

Fender Strat (std)
Fender Tele (std)
Jay Turser SG
Tokai Love Rock Les Paul
Ibanez Blaze
PRS SE One

Once again I would Like to Say Thank You to all the Members out there who work so hard to help out each and everyone of us.......THANK YOU!!

Here's what I did.

6449_112650247459_506137459_2163348_8011578_n.jpg

6449_112650262459_506137459_2163350_5128329_n.jpg

Needless to say...this rig = WIN!

Hope this helps. I like food. Bye.

Can't help noticing that your pedals are not connected. Are they just there for moral support? :mrgreen:

I have seen quite a few setups with more than 1 Triaxis. How do you use your 2?

Yeah, that picture was taken BEFORE I had to hook everything up. I hand soldered custom connections etc. I should take an updated photo. Anyway, there are several ways I can use this set up.

Currently, I am using one Triaxis as a "DIRTY" channel and the other as the "CLEAN/PUSHED" channel. Of course I can interchange these channels as DIRTY RHY and DIRTY Solo and CLEAN CHORUS/FLANGE/PHASER/REVERB etc and PURE CLEAN (no effects), Pushed w/effects etc. I would like to purchase another GCX (and I probably will) to expand the tonal capability of this rig, but right now I have chorus dedicated in the loop on the CLEAN preamp and a MXR KFK STEREO EQ on in the DIRTY loop, but I would like to eventually loop that preamp in a digital stereo eq with midi capability to have several different eq settings with different presets on the preamp...if that makes sense. I'm running a NS2, TS808HW, CLEAN/DIRTY PREAMPS, 2:Ninety MODERN, HALF, DEEP, LEFT, RIGHT preamp outputs to the power amp all through the GCX controlled by the Ground Control Pro. I really want to expand this with another GCX for more effects, but I am also considering purchasing a G-FORCE...I dunno...we'll see how badly Obama and all of the gangsters wreck the economy.

What I would like to do is get another 2:90 or Marshall MONOBLOC with EL34's and do some tone shaping along with all the cool preset things that I like to ding around with.

I also ususally run 4 4x12 cabs live so when I break this baby out, it's go time.

This is where I get very confused. The TA is fully configurable and MIDI-switchable. Why would you use more than one? DO you mix them together, or are there switching artifacts that bother you?

elvis said:
This is where I get very confused. The TA is fully configurable and MIDI-switchable. Why would you use more than one? DO you mix them together, or are there switching artifacts that bother you?

First off, I use two Triaxis preamps to silo the effects configurations and make the Triaxis FX Loops more dedicated to effects that are more commonly used with the settings that I use. Secondly, it doubles the capability and the versatility of the rig as a whole, especially when using only one power amp (i.e. Stereo Simul-Class 2:Ninety).

MesaGod666 said:
What I would like to do is get another 2:90 or Marshall MONOBLOC with EL34's and do some tone shaping along with all the cool preset things that I like to ding around with.

I also ususally run 4 4x12 cabs live so when I break this baby out, it's go time.

I think what I will end up doing is purchasing two dedicated effects processors, another GCX, and eventually another power-amp for tone shaping purposes.

Back