Triaxis User turns MKV! --- MID control question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedrik Menard

Reaction score
Heyas! Got my MKV Head last week and I must say I am floored by the overall tone of the amp. I played a Triaxis for 3 years and sold it when I tried the MKV - so much more detail and articulation!

Now after a couple of days tweaking the amp, I noticed that the mid control has veeery little effect on the overall sound. I know that the more treble you put in the sound the less mid you cen get with the knob but even with the treble completely down I can only notice the mid coming up at around 12 o clock. I'ts probably the fact that I am playing a relatively low levels. I was wondering if you guys experienced the same thing with your mid controls. I recall when I had a 2:50 the presence control would start to be effective only around 3:00.

Thoughts?

I agree. The effect of the mid knob on the sound is fairly weak, especially once the treble is up, On channel 3, it adds some saturation and thickens the tone slightly. I do notice that the effect is much more apparent at high volumes than at lower volumes.

Think of the EQ knobs (except for presence) as tweaking the feel of the pre-amp gain more than the overall EQ, and think of the graphic EQ as being your real EQ.

Latest posts

Back