Triaxis Retubing Cost?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Scotsman

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much a full retubing for a Triaxis costs? Does MESA have to do it or can someone do it by themselves? If so how much does a set of tubes usually go for?

Does MESA have to do it or can someone do it by themselves? [/quote]

Dude just pull off tubes and push in the new ones ! :wink:
If I can remember mesa tubes are chinese (sovtek).
Just buy five new ones and retube it for yourself.
Very less expensive. :D

I know that sovteks are very cheap .If you buy them from mesa they will cost probably double price or higher just because the logo from mesa. :shock:

I use this guy and his Valves;

http://www.eurotubes.com/

I use the High gain low output option for the Triaxis, but if you e-mail Bob with what styles you play etc he will advise-in great depth, I can't speak high enough of him and even importing the set from the states to the UK (as I did) it's about half the price of tubes in britain, £30.00 for a full retube....you try that in the UK!!!!....as for you being in the states thats about 59 dollars.........with I imagine less postage!!!!

He has an online shop just look uder Mesa amps and then triaxis sets

Trust me, they are fine valves!!!

regards

Tramp

Pm for more info if req!!! :D

it depends on what you do but you can order the tubes from Mesa for about $12 per tube I think plus shipping. I would advise that you look around a little and do some research to get the right tubes for "your" sound....and expect to spend a little more to do this.

masque said:
it depends on what you do but you can order the tubes from Mesa for about $12 per tube I think plus shipping. I would advise that you look around a little and do some research to get the right tubes for "your" sound....and expect to spend a little more to do this.

+1

Although if you like the tones of you triaxis , keep the same tubes .
If you want more gain,less gain,more headroom etc ,
the search could be endless.
I prefer mine with its stock tones , I retubed with sovteks .
The same tubes without mesa's logo. :wink:

18&Life said:
masque said:

+1

Although if you like the tones of you triaxis , keep the same tubes .
If you want more gain,less gain,more headroom etc ,
the search could be endless.
I prefer mine with its stock tones , I retubed with sovteks .
The same tubes without mesa's logo. :wink:

Best Advice!!

tramp said:
JJ's all the way!!!

regards!!

tramp

I'm sorry but I used JJ in my triaxis and they sounded like a tone suckers.With gain and master at 8 my triaxis sounded like an overdrive pedal.I hated these tubes and changed them for sovteks.
But everyone got their own tastes :p

fatboy135 said:
If I can remember mesa tubes are chinese (sovtek).
only one appointment, sovtek are russian they becomes from the reflector factory as electro harmonix and the new svetlana ( bought by sovtek ) tubes
keep it on with the topic please

YES , oh man I called SOVTEK as a chinese tube !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

6L6C said:
18&Life said:
YES , oh man I called SOVTEK as a chinese tube !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Don't worry we knew what you meant :D

But dude if they were chinese maybe they will be called ching wing tubes huahuauha
But SOVTEK is obiviously a russian name !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

18&Life said:
tramp said:
JJ's all the way!!!

regards!!

tramp

I'm sorry but I used JJ in my triaxis and they sounded like a tone suckers.With gain and master at 8 my triaxis sounded like an overdrive pedal.I hated these tubes and changed them for sovteks.
But everyone got their own tastes :p

+1, I really hated the JJ tubes in my TriAxis, but loved them in my mark IV combo.

I prefer the sound of the original Mesa tubes in the TriAxis.

Latest posts

Back