Triaxis Question - Can anyone Help?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercurialuk

Reaction score
This could be a straight forward answer, so i thought i would post where the knowledge flows thick!

When im using my triaxis combined with 2:90, on certain patch changes, to use an example, Distortion (LD2) to clean Green Rhtym, some times a loud popping sound is heard and volume increase just for a spilit second.... now this does not happen all the time, for example when im changing down on the same patch strumming from clean and to distortion theres no pop! :s strange because it only seems to happen when making certain changes....

Is this because of a need of a particular valve change perhaps on the triaxis? Do you think its a certain setting on the triaxis or order the change is happening? Perhaps a setting on my Gmajor? Or something worse?

Like i said it dosnt happen all the time, and i can combat the problem by not strumming as i change effects which dampens the pop due to presumably no signal input, however this is not ideal! and anoying that only happens on a specific change

I have not had any other problems, and havnet tried anything yet....

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

It sounds like a bad g-major preset routing. Try using the same routing and the same effects in your song presets. At least in each one. 8)

The Compressor block generate this volume change. Tweak it a little for a perfect combination. :wink: :wink:

Anto

On my Triaxis/Simul2:90 system, the first time I switch from any channel to clean rhythm green I get a noticeable pop. After that first change though all subsequent changes are silent.

It doesn't seem to be the Triaxis either. I've tried to make the first change when the Simul2:90 is in stand-by mode, but the first change still pops once I go off stand-by.

I just make that first change as part of my power on procedure and I don't have to worry about it during a song.

Chris... 8)

i have the same problem with my triaxis. when i change presets say heavy rhythm to a clean preset there is a loud bark noise not really a pop. i use no fx through it right now. i called mesa and they say there sould be alittle noise but not much. i'll have to compare it to my friends to really see if there is a difference.

Hey guys, tried making the Gmajor setting on the clean and distortion the same ie compression and noisegate etc, still the same prob!! Really anoying cant work it out, rhythm 1 Green to lead 2 red makes a massive pop/bark when changing to or from,

Why is it doing this any suggestions referring to my orginal post????? i dont have this problem on other channels?!

Hey mercurialuk, don't go crazy with this issue.... call Mesa Boogie support center. They know wath's going on in your Tri.

Mine do the same thing and it's normal. When you change mode, a specific circuit become active and jumpin' from a rhy green to a lead 2 red may cause a little "BUMP" comin' out from your cabinet. At lower volume you can focus it, but, at high volume level the BUMP disappears.

Try to call Mesa Boogie.

Anto

Hey guys i'm back with this one, still having the same problem as i orginally posted,

Ive checked that all the gates etc are the same level and that didnt seem to help, some one posted the routing setting in the Gmajor may be the cause, ive looked through all the settings on the Major but as its relatively new to me, i wasnt sure where to find it, i know its dumb but if neone could quick guide me, or have any other suggestions to the problem it would be much appreciated!

I guess the only way of knowing is going through every setting making sure its the same on everything as one that i dont have this problem with???

Thanks guys hope you can help.

Chris

Take out gmajor.
Now you can see if the problem is in triaxis or not .
It's so obvious.

Well the reason i havent said that in my first post is that was one of the first things i did, i know its not the TA because it only does it on particular changes, most are completely fine with no bark at all,

Look man i was asking for help, i'm always reading your posts thinking "Just Shut Up" sometimes you help, other times you dont i dont need sarcasm i was just looking for an answer, i know you will come back to this with "i was trying to help etc", but to be honest i would prefere it if you didnt.

Latest posts

Back