Triaxis/MIDI Phantom Power

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangledchris

Reaction score
Just got my Triaxis in the mail today and noticed on it (and in the manual) that there is a phantom power outlet above the power plug to power up a MIDI foot controller...

This would solve one of my biggest problems, so basically all I do is take the DMC Ground Control's 9V AC Adapter, plug it into the phantom power thingy, plug the adapter into my Furman, and hook up a MIDI cable from the Tri to the GC and the GC will be powered up, ready to go?

That would be sweet!

But just to be 100% sure, I would need a 5 or 7 pin MIDI cable (which?) hooked up to to the In, Through or Out in the Triaxis, from the In or Out on the Ground Control?

(if that question makes sense...)

Also, the output level knob is a bit crooked and it seems like there's independently moveable inner and outer wheels on it...hmm...

I don't have the 2:90 yet, waiting on that one. Is there any way I could hook up the Triaxis to my Carvin X100B, just to make sure it's functioning correctly?

Yeah ,phantom powering up your Ground conrtrol MIDI pedal
is a sweet option with the TriAxis.
Is the volume pot "loose",or was your question that the inner and outter knobs both turn? Remember,the TriAxis is stereo so the two knobs turning are A and B sides(or left and right).

prs1999 said:
Yeah ,phantom powering up your Ground conrtrol MIDI pedal
is a sweet option with the TriAxis.
Is the volume pot "loose",or was your question that the inner and outter knobs both turn? Remember,the TriAxis is stereo so the two knobs turning are A and B sides(or left and right).

Thanks for the response, I just didn't realize that there were in fact two separate wheels for the output levels.

Can anyone help me as to how I go about hooking up the Triaxis to my Carvin X100B?

Yes, you can use your Triaxis with your Carvin amp. Simply connect one of the Triaxis' output to the Effects Return of the Carvin. This will allow you to use the Carvin's power amp section. Until I got my 2:90, I used my Mesa Mark IIC's power section to power my Triaxis - sounded great (2:90 sounds even better though).

If the Carvin does not have an effects loop you can connect the Triaxis' output to the Carvin's input jack (probably sound thin & crappy though and will probably feedback - you must keep the Triaxis' output very low)

Tuna141 said:
Yes, you can use your Triaxis with your Carvin amp. Simply connect one of the Triaxis' output to the Effects Return of the Carvin. This will allow you to use the Carvin's power amp section. Until I got my 2:90, I used my Mesa Mark IIC's power section to power my Triaxis - sounded great (2:90 sounds even better though).

If the Carvin does not have an effects loop you can connect the Triaxis' output to the Carvin's input jack (probably sound thin & crappy though and will probably feedback - you must keep the Triaxis' output very low)

Thanks, it worked just fine! It's not sounding too hot through the Carvin because all of its EQ is still active and I'm sure it's still retaining a bit of that Carvin "flavor" - right off the bat though, I can tell that this is one killer preamp.

Can't wait for the 2:90!!! :D :D :D

as for your other Q's, you will need a 7-pin midi cable. the extra 2 pins are for a power supply to go to ur DMC, which will plug into your triaxis' MIDI IN jack, and the MIDI OUT on your DMC

Latest posts

Back