triaxis midi expression pedal help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RJ2213 said:
are you retarded? if the manual had ALL the answers then i wouldn't need your help, so by that logic why is my understanding of the manual required for your unnecessary help?

just stop posting in my thread please, youre making yourself look like a jerk and making this thread look like a joke.

It's basically,

1.Enter CC edit mode.
2.Decide what settings will change and assign them a CC number (1-128)
3.Set the values they will change to.
4.Exit

The CC is basically the value the pedal changes. The midi standard states it can be any number from 1-127, but some are reserved. First you need to figure out what CC number the pedal is using. Then you tell the triaxis to respond to changes transmitted on that number. So if your pedal uses CC 64, you would assign the parameter you wish to change to 64. If you have multiple pedals, you can assign one parameter to one CC, and another parameter to a different one. (For instance, CC64 could change Gain, CC 65 could change the Dynamic voice and Level.)

Once you have the CC's assigned to the parameter you wish to change, you need to decide how much to change them by. So if you wanted to change the dynamic voice from 3 to 8, you'd have to count how many steps that takes normally. So if its 7 steps, you would hit the right arrow under dynamic voice seven times. It should then show a 7 on the led.

Once you have how much you want the settings to change, you exit the CC edit mode, and save the patch.

It's not a simple process, and it sucks big time. The ability to change the CC on the triaxis was an afterthought, and not implemented very well. When the V.1 triaxis was released the software was not fully written. The V.2 software wasn't done much better. Also, because the way the triaxis handles parameter changes you may notice jitter when you change a value rather than a smooth transition. This is unavoidable because of the way the Triaxis handles the LDR's in the tone stack.

I personally haven't gotten it working and I know my triaxis is in good working condition. (I had it serviced by mesa/boogie immediately once I bought it to ensure it was working properly and fix a damaged pot.) Furthermore, I know I'm intelligent enough to program it because I have a very firm understanding of how midi works and have programmed many midi devices (synths, samplers, effect processors, foot pedals, mixing boards, and lighting controls).

msi, thanks man. i know you pretty much covered the same stuff from the manual, but the way you presented it was much better.

its pretty much what i was doing with no success, but atleast now i have a better understanding so i can work on it more effectively.

18&Life could learn a thing or two from you i think.

i'll be posting in this thread in the next few days with my results.

Lesson:its not always what info is presented that helps, but the manner in which that info is presented.

RJ2213 said:
18&Life could learn a thing or two from you i think.

And you could learn how to use triaxis through its manual :wink:

I forget that in triaxis manual there are drawings for each step.
Dude if you can't understand text and drawings ,give up.
English isn't my first language and I understood.
So I think you have to upgrade your english :lol:

Easy. Let's cut to the chase:

1. Press "Shift" 3x
2. Press either of the 2 arrows under the parameter you want to control - it will then blink
3. Choose a controller number in the "Program/Channel" window - we'll use "1" - press "Enter" - repeat steps 2 and 3 for each parameter you want to control
4. Press "Shift" again
5. Press either of the 2 arrows under the parameter you want to control - it will then blink
6. Under the "Program/Channel" window, press the left arrow to decrease the base value of the parameter or press the right arrow to increase the value and then press "Enter" after you've selected a value for each parameter - repeat steps 5 and 6 for each parameter you want to control
7. As soon as you're done setting all of your parameters, press "Exit"

Keep in mind for step #6, when you increase or decrease a value, that parameter values 3-8 have half steps. Here's the spectrum:

1, 2, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, 9, 10

Example: modify your treble "base" value from 2 to 5.5 you would press the right arrow 6x.

It's actually quite easy. Just do it a couple times and you'll see what's happening.

The manual is a bit redundant and that can make a guy lose focus. If you go straight through like I've outlined above, it's really simple and quick.

Good luck and happy CC'ing.

Latest posts

Back