Triaxis LED Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttosh

Reaction score
How difficult is it to replace the LED's on the Triaxis? Has anybody had to do this?

Thanks,

Tim

You have to unmount the faceplate, which is a ***** to do. A lot of fiddling around. Besides that you just need some soldering equipment, pump and iron. Well, and a replacement LED. :) Good Luck.

If you are very good at soldering on PCB's then it is very straight forward. If you aren't, then i seriously recommend you leave it to a Pro.

I replaced quite a few parts on the Triaxis including a numeric LED.

Greg

Related to this topic - can the plastic "outer" faceplate be replaced? The plastic on a couple of buttons is cracked and falling off on my Triaxis. I'd love to be able to just replace the plastic outer layer but I'm not sure that's possible?

I'm hoping it is possible based on the LEDs being a seperate item not attached to the faceplate.

thanks,

Todd

Thanks Greg.

I ordered a new faceplate today from Mesa directly. Not expensive at all really. Hope I can figure out how to install it!

Todd

todd911 said:
Thanks Greg.

I ordered a new faceplate today from Mesa directly. Not expensive at all really. Hope I can figure out how to install it!

Todd

It's not hard you just have to take a lot of parts off to get the faceplate free. I would suggest taking a good 2 hours and doing everything nice and slow. Make sure you label where nuts, spacers and screws go. If you don't have the tools to do the job then wait until you get them before continuing on.

Greg

Does anyone know the size of the allen key required to remove the small volume knob?

I can use a 2 mm on the larger knob, but the small one seems to use a different (smaller) size.

I didn't know they came any smaller!

Thanks again for your help,

Todd

They are not metric allen screws but american standard. Remember these things are built in the US.

The big knob is 1/16 and the little knob is .05. These measurements are in inches of course.

Greg

About $90 for the mylar part, shipped. Thats the buttons and labels. It peels off of the aluminum section pretty easily after warming with a hairdryer, and actually I'm pretty sure I could replace it without removing the aluminum front of the unit at all. The ribbon wire runs through a slot in the aluminum front panel and plugs into the PC board inside. threading the connector would be a minor challenge but doable.

However, I'm pulling the aluminum anyway to unbend a rack ear and repaint in flat black due to some scuffs before I stick on the new mylar. Thus, I need to remove the knobs.

Should look brand new when its done!

Todd

Back