TRIAXIS-BOSS GT-8-MARSHALL AVT50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yakim

Reaction score
hi everyone
im new with mesa,and last week i bought triaxis(and with great price)

now,im still not familiar with the plenty of the options that i can connect my triaxis to my gear.
so i asking you guys:
what is the best way for me to connect the triaxis to my gt-8 multi-effect and with my Marshall AVT50 amp?

i know that is not the ideal equipment for the triaxis but i'll achieve more mesa items-hopefully :)

thanks for the help.

Guitar->Boss Gt-8 Input
Gt-8 Effects Send->Triaxis Input
Triaxis Output->Gt-8 Effects Return
Boss Gt-8 Output->Marshall AVT50 Effects Return

That's the 4 Cable Method!!!:)

ZakkWylde91 said:
Guitar->Boss Gt-8 Input

thanks alot for the reply,
but the guitar should not be connect to the triaxis first?

hi mate :)
sorry to bother u,but the way you suggested me to connect the Triaxis doesn't work-i can't hear the guitar at all :?

My suggestion:
Guitar > Triaxis,
Triaxis fx loop send > GT8 input,
GT8 output > Triaxis fx loop return,
Triaxis output > Marshall clean channel (gain channel may be too much, but you might like it that way).

If you're having trouble getting sound, be sure to test each component separately to isolate.
Swap cables one at a time to be sure they are OK.
Don't forget to check volume pedal position on GT8 if it's expression pedal is set up for volume. doh! :oops:

And I would not use distortion models on the GT8; let the Triaxis do the work. It will sound better, IMO.

Good luck!

Old BF Shred said:
My suggestion:
Guitar > Triaxis,
Triaxis fx loop send > GT8 input,
GT8 output > Triaxis fx loop return,
Triaxis output > Marshall clean channel (gain channel may be too much, but you might like it that way).

If you're having trouble getting sound, be sure to test each component separately to isolate.
Swap cables one at a time to be sure they are OK.
Don't forget to check volume pedal position on GT8 if it's expression pedal is set up for volume. doh! :oops:

And I would not use distortion models on the GT8; let the Triaxis do the work. It will sound better, IMO.

Good luck!

thanks,i tried that,and the multi effects such as the wah sound really bad

That's why you have to do the 4 cable method;) The wah is a pre effect and if you put the Gt-8 in the loop of the Traxis he's becoming a post effect... :) I think that I know why you don't hear anything;) You have to trun on the loop switch on the Gt-8. Don't forget to turn off the pre-amp simulator. Try that and give me some news:

Guitar->Boss Gt-8 Input

With the Gt-8 Loop switch active

ZakkWylde91 said:
That's why you have to do the 4 cable method;) The wah is a pre effect and if you put the Gt-8 in the loop of the Traxis he's becoming a post effect... :) I think that I know why you don't hear anything;) You have to trun on the loop switch on the Gt-8. Don't forget to turn off the pre-amp simulator. Try that and give me some news:

Guitar->Boss Gt-8 Input

With the Gt-8 Loop switch active

you were right,now the wha sound alot better.
but now my proble, is my stincky amp
the triaxis distortions sounds with "buzz" on the amp.
:(

Nice!!! Ok, now the the mix of a tube Pre-Amp and Solid State Power-Amp is really buzzy... So you have 3 choices:
1-Try the Record Output of the Traixis instead of its Normal Output, with no pre-amp simulation, overdrive and speaker simulation turned on on the Gt-8. Then if the sound is ok, you could add overdrives to taste. Don't forget the loop switch.:

Guitar->Boss Gt-8 Input
Triaxis Record Output->Gt-8 Effects Return

2- Try the Triaxis's Normal Nutput with speakers simulation on the Gt-8. But only Speaker Simulation, no pre-amps turned on. Don't forget the loop switch.

Guitar->Boss Gt-8 Input

3- If the sound isn't still right, you buy a tube Power-Amp, or a tube head with a cab, and you run this set-up into the effects return of the tube head instead of the Marshall AVT50 :) :wink:

Give me some news!!! :)

ZakkWylde91 said:
Nice!!! Ok, now the the mix of a tube Pre-Amp and Solid State Power-Amp is really buzzy... So you have 3 choices:
1-Try the Record Output of the Traixis instead of its Normal Output, with no pre-amp simulation, overdrive and speaker simulation turned on on the Gt-8. Then if the sound is ok, you could add overdrives to taste. Don't forget the loop switch.:

Guitar->Boss Gt-8 Input
Triaxis Record Output->Gt-8 Effects Return

2- Try the Triaxis's Normal Nutput with speakers simulation on the Gt-8. But only Speaker Simulation, no pre-amps turned on. Don't forget the loop switch.

Guitar->Boss Gt-8 Input

3- If the sound isn't still right, you buy a tube Power-Amp, or a tube head with a cab, and you run this set-up into the effects return of the tube head instead of the Marshall AVT50 :) :wink:

Give me some news!!! :)

dude ,you are great ,thank you very much!!!
its work without buzzing-im working with your first solution-but still i have do work with the Boss's EQ options for better result-unless you have more tips :D
solution no .2 -i cant turn on the speaker simulator without turning on the boss pre-amps.

and about no.3: when the day will come and i'll buy power amp and good cabinet-what power amp+cab- do u guys suggest me instead of mesa(its too expensive and my country doesn't import this company :x ) ,that will do the work for ultimate petrucci sound (awake era)

thanks again ZakkWylde91

You're welcome dude!!! For the Power_Amp, it's sure that the 2:90 is the best one for the Triaxis. That's what I'm gonna buy when I'll be tired of my 5150 as power-amp and that I'll get more money hehehe But, look on Ebay for a used one:) If you don't want to and you want Petrucci's tone, you will have to buy a Power-Amp with some 6l6's in it, like a VHT or something like that! :) See ya!

i'm preety sure that if i'll buy 2:90 in the future'then the mesa cabinets will come shortly after.
what is the difference between 50:50,20:20,2:90 and other companies in the sound?
the same Q only with cabinets?

shipping power amps like 2:90 isn't too risky?-u know ,the electric parts,etc..

thank you :wink:

Isn't risky or is risky? hehehe But for the differences, I can't tell you, cause I only tried a 2:90. I'll let someone more experimented explain thet to you :)

hehehe Thanks! :) But like I said, I only tried the 2:90 so I can't tell you the differences between the companies. But for mesa boogie's ones, the 2:90 have the Deep and Modern voicing that you can add. You have an half-drive switch too. The 50:50 is always on the Modern voicing and have no half-drive mode... For the 20:20 I have completely no idea:p Hope it can help you! :)

ZakkWylde91 said:
Guitar->Boss Gt-8 Input

This method works GREAT, it puts the effects in front of the gain that belong there and the "time sensitive" effects behind the gain where they belong. I'm using a GT-6 with a Triaxis and getting pretty good results.

Lots of other things you should know.

1. You must have the GT-8 External Loop turned on for any of the patches to properly send and receive signal from the Triaxis, see the GT-8 manual page 50.

2. You should turn off the preamps on any GT-8 patches using the Triaxis in the loop.

3. Turn the EQ on the GT-8 on set it to flat and then adjust the EQ Level to around +3 to bring the level back up to where it should be. This seems to "correct" the tone suck that I have heard about.

4. This method does have one draw back with a head or combo amp; it completely bypasses the preamps in the head/combo and renders them useless, unless the loop is switched off.

5. If the amp loop is a parallel loop, this doesn't work properly.

6. If the amp loop is switchable from a foot switch, then you can turn the loop off and use the input on the front of the Marshall amp, split the guitar signal out of the GT-8 External Send with a good quality "Y" and plug the extra one into the amp; this will give you the usable "before the gain" effects to use.

7. When connecting everything this way, you can use all the GT-8 preamps as you normally would if you turn off the external loop in the patch. This will send the signal GT-8 signal directly into the amp return and directly into the power amp. So you can switch between the GT-8 "stuff" and the Triaxis "stuff" anytime you want.

Good luck.

GT-6 and Triaxis Samples: http://www.srwspoon.com/sc90_quack_samples.mp3

P.S. Try a Carvin TS100 Power amp, I just bet they can get it to you without problems,
http://www.carvinguitars.com/carvinworld/
https://www.carvinguitars.com/carvinworld/products/single.php?product=TS100

Thanks spoons for the info :)

Because I'm new with all the power/pre amps subject, Im not undrestanding the diffrences between all the power amps.

I saw that in the 2:90 there's the MODERN/HALF DRIVE/DEEP modes, and i dont know how important it is to the sound(and as you know,i want petrucci sound),because if not, i will buy different power amp suce as the the Carvin.

Latest posts

Back