Triaxis and Hotplate

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttosh

Reaction score
Can anybody let me know their experiences with a TA and any attenuator. I will be doing some home recording as well as playing small venues and I was wondering if this would help with the Triaxis? I had a Splawn Quick Rod recently and everybody told me it colored the tone so I did not bother to give one a try. Just wondering what the consensus is with the TA.

You can't attenuate the TA because it is a preamp. You can attenuate the power amp (like the simul 290) but why not just run the amp in class A by pulling the inner tubes to get lower output? I run my amp in mono because stereo is too impractical for guitar. You can run the amp in mono by pulling one of the fuses in the back of the amp for the power tubes (it acts like a standby switch).

180 watts is too loud for 95% of situations where a band plays infront of a small audience but 30 watts, on the other hand, is great for getting breakup at medium to low levels.

Greg

my buddy has a triaxis and 290 that is ungodly loud.....he bought two hotplates and they are incredible.......i use a 20/20 with my triaixs so i dont need one but i also have a Marshall JVM and after hearing how well the hotplate did on his 290 I got one for my marshall and i could not be any happier.

Back