Tremoverb vs Rectoverb????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I used to have a Rectoverb 1x12 combo and loved it, but at the time I liked my Mark IV better.

I was thinking about getting another one.

I tried a friend's Tremoverb head over the weekend. :D That is a bad-*** amp.

I'm trying to decide which one I want based on my recent trial of the Tremoverb and my possibly distorted memories of the Rectoverb.

Here are my questions: Given that the Tremoverb has much better Reverb, but the Rectoverb has a Solo Boost.

1. Which one has better Cleans?

2. Which one has better/thicker Distortion?

3. Which one is more versatile, tone wise?

4. Which one would you choose?

What can I say, it's a disease. :D

Rectoverb has more modes but what sells me on a Trem-o-Verb (or RK II when I save from my newspaper paper route) is the silicon / tube rectifiers selection. Some will always prefer only silicon diode but its great too have option to select because for some application I like the tube rectifiers and other times the diodes. But that's my preference.

JBird,

Would you choose the Tremoverb because of the Tube Rectifiers?

I was thinking of getting a Rectoverb because it has the Solo Boost, and I have a really nice combo cab that I recovered for my previous one.

I can add Tube Reverb and a Weber Copper cap if I need Tube Rectifier or better Reverb.

I've had both and for over all tone and options, I liked the Tremoverb much better, but the main downfall to the T-verb for me was the lack of the solo function. If that doesn't matter to you, then go for the T-verb... If it does matter, there is a solution but it requires you getting the FX loop modded from Parallel to serial and using a volume pedal/box in the loop.

The other downside is this:
Rectoverb 75 pounds!
Tremoverb 105 pounds!!

If your more down with cleans..go TOV
If your more down with thick gain...go ROV
Just my opinion..but I had a TOV that I owned for 2 years and traded it to a guy for my current Triple Recto because the straight up recto was more on the beastly side of things in the preamp and the the TOV was a little more rounded and warm when you kicked it into the red. :wink:

Latest posts

Back