Tremoverb vs. Rectoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeyodeath

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm a new member of the board, and just had a quick question, see if i could get some advice...

I currently own a rectoverb series II combo, and I dig it for sure - i use it for lots of different stuff, but typically mid-gain classic rock and blues type of music. In other words, I don't typically hid the modern channel all that much - though it's fun to have around.

Anyways, long story short, i'm realizing that for not a whole lot more than what i can get for my rectoverb, i could score a tremoverb. i was just wondering, what are the differences? i don't have a mesa store close to me, otherwise i'd go play one. i'm interested in the rectifier and power switching options - how much do they affect the sound and options? Does the tremoverb pretty much cover all the recto bases and more, or do they each have different strengths, like with the cleans or distortion.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks so much!

The tremoverb has the old 2CH rectifier sound which is much more sought after than the 3CH counterpart or the recto sound found in your stage II.

I'd go for the TVerb if it was me.

anyone have any opinions on the cleans...I like the cleans on my ROV, especially compared to a lot of other high-gain amps...are they as good on the TOV?

As I mentioned in another post. IF I were tied down and had to pick only one Mesa - it'd be a TOV.

It has the widest range of sounds you can imagine. I have 2 of them, and they are just juju-mojo!!! 8)

This may help just a bit, I admit I im a bit biased because I own the ROV
and love it. I was looking into the MarkIV a week back and decided whole heartedly to keeo the ROV.
I havent ever tried the tremoverb. im sure its a nice amp indeed.
If it was me, I would decide if I needed that extra 50 watts of power.
I do wish my Rov had the option to use tube rectifiers but I dont think that really changes sound too much,, more just the feeling of playing, sag.
I assume you know that the tremoverb is currently out of production because if your boogie dealer has it,,it must be used or in the store for a while. Anyways one last thing,, no matter what you do if you cant keep both amps is,, make sure you try before you buy,,I would suggest this for any amp. Good luck

If you've never played a tremoverb, I would suggest tracking one down before you think about selling your ROV. Tremoverbs are very cool, but not for everyone. If there aren't any used around you for sale, put an add up on your local CL looking for one, then you got a price for one and the chance to test drive it.

ToneAddictJon said:
If you've never played a tremoverb, I would suggest tracking one down before you think about selling your ROV. Tremoverbs are very cool, but not for everyone. If there aren't any used around you for sale, put an add up on your local CL looking for one, then you got a price for one and the chance to test drive it.

I agree.. there are some differences.. but it also depends on what you are using it for... are you gigging at larger places? The Trem-o-verb is pretty lound.. and you have a difference in wattage.. do you need more headroom?

Latest posts

Back