Tremoverb Sounds compared to Dual Rectifier 1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fx2

Reaction score
Hi!

Anyone owns the tremoverb and the dual rectifier?

I have both at home since two weeks and I’ve taken some time to compare their sounds. The DR1 has two channels with orange channel switchable to clean (back panel).

Features : Main differences between tremoverb and DR

Amps have similar features except a few. Here are the features Tremoverb has and that the DR1 does not have :
- blues channel with switch on front panel
- clean channel with switch on front panel (switch on the back for DR)
- all tube reverb
- tremolo

I used the same guitars (Godin artisan ST1 and Godin LGX) and the same cab (Marshall 1936) loaded with Celestion vintage 30 speaker (like in the mesa recto cabs), effect loop bypassed, all EQ flat (12’o clock) , same gain settings. I compared all sounds with Spongy & Tube Rectifiers settings.

Clean:
The clean is far better on the tremoverb: cleaner, more headroom, it just better, I can’t really explain. Tremoverb’s clean is somewhere in-between the DR1 clean and the Roadster’s clean.

Orange Vintage Hi Gain : Same on both amps. The voicing is a very little bit more on the vintage side on the TOV, this can be compensated with the presence control.

Blues channel : Excellent! This sound is only present on the TOV. Blues (gain 3o clock) It can be compared to Vintage Hi gain (gain on 12’o) but “fatter” and creamy perfect for blues soloing. For blues chording gain could be reduced a bit. I like this one very much!

Red Modern Hi gain : I don’t know if this is particular to my amp but the Modern Hi gain is fuzzy on my TOV, with LOTs of presence! I don’t like it. I prefer the DR1 Red channel for this. To get the Red Modern Hi gain sound from the DR1 on my TOV, I clone Red to Orange on my TOV and I push the presence control a bit. This is fine.

Does any one did compare DR and TOV? Can you give your opinion? (especially on Modern Hi gain comparison?)

You pretty much summed it up.

I own a ToV and your description is exactly what I would have said.

BUT I think the DR, like you said or rather I got the impression from you, has better focus shredding high gain on the Red Channel Modern High gain compared to the ToV.

And like you mentioned, I find the Bues Channel as my favorite channel and maybe be overlooked by many ToV owners.

Back