Tremoverb question/opinions...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosajwp

Reaction score
Are T-Verbs good for blues/jazz/classic rock? Do they typically have any issues? I know they are heavy, but how much do they actually weigh?

Any other T-Verb opinions would be appreciated as well.

The T-Verb is a great amp for rock (classic to heavy metal) and maybe some dirty blues, but the clean channel isn't too good for Jazz (still better than the Dual Recto). The tremolo isn't that stong, so don't be surprised if you try to use it and it's not real strong.

My Tremoverb combo weighed 107 pounds, I've seen some weigh a few pounds less at 101 pounds and I've seen a 108 pound one. Great amps, but not real good if you plan on doing lots of clean stuff (Jazz, clean blues, country, ect...).

my tverb combo does't weigh that much. it's about 65 to 75lbs. mike bendinelli from mesa told me that when they were producing these amps they referred to them as the "man's amp" due to it's weight. as far as sound quality goes i think it will cover whatever style your shooting for. just depends on your guitar and what pedals your runnnin. pedals (to me) are the sugar and spice of tone. most all of the pros are running some sort of pedal. i love my tremo. the reverb is perfect, gives the amp that magic air feeling, but the tremolo sucks, just buy a tremelo pedal and forget the amp even has that option! other than the fact that it weighs soo much the amp is perfect. thats my thoughts on it.

Strange that one guy has three that are around 105 lbs, and yours is around 70 lbs. Maybe they forgot the transformers or something???

I've got the T-Verb head and it sounds incredible. The Tremolo is not anywhere near as good as my Pro Reverb's though. I can get some really nice Cleans out of it with a Strat, but don't fool yourself into thinking that it will do Fender Clean.

The Blues mode is great, but much louder than all of the other modes, so I don't use it much.

The rest is pure Recto, but it seems to have more upper mids than my Roadster.

The only thing that I don't like is the lack of a Solo button.

As for the weight, the cabinet for the 1x12 Rectoverb is probably just as big as the one for the Tremoverb. The only things you would be looking at that would add more weight would be the extra speaker (maybe 10 pounds at the most), and the larger transformers (maybe 6 to 8 pounds).

All of the T-Verb Combos that I've seen had Vintage 30's. The Rectoverb that I had, had a Black Shadow Celestion, which is heavier than my Vintage 30's that I have in other amps.

I put a Mojotone BV-30 in my Rectoverb and it made a few pounds difference. Enough to notice anyway.

My Heartbreaker combo, which has less plywood than the Tremoverb or Rectoverb weighed 85 pounds in the box. Without the box, it probably weighs in at around 75-79 pounds. Really heavy, but worth it for the tone.

Just my 2% of a dollar.

Back