Tremoverb or 2 chan DR?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
groovetuber said:
You know what dude, I think I just remembered something. I think I remember hearing somewhere that Mesa Boogies couldn't be talked down in price at GC, or possibly any store for that matter. Something to do with MB policy. I'm not exactly sure why that would be, and I don't know if it applies to used stuff. Anyone know of anything like this?

You are correct in that Mesa does not allow dealers to stray from their sticker prices. That is for new gear only since used gear really has to be priced according to condition and that is a little subjective.

As for the loop thing. Think of it like this. You have a preamp section that shapes the input signal from your guitar. It sends that signal to the power amp section to be brought up to audible volumes for final output.
A Parallel loop sends the FX signal in parallel or next to the original preamp to poweramp signal. Series mixes the FX and normal preamp signal together and sends it as one signal. The latency thing is due to the fact that with Parallel...the original signal in some cases gets to the poweramp section faster than that second FX signal next to it. You get what you can hear if you tune and one string is out a bit....a phasing effect.
I have witnessed it first hand with a GT-8 in the parallel loop of my old Tverb.

Groovetuber - check out that Tverb at GC. Play it and check for switching delays or pops. If it is good see if you can get them down to 1100 or so. If there are issues or you don't get the price you want, maybe check out 4nkam's amp if it is still avail. It was posted on the classifieds recently. From pics it looks in great shape and I recall some posts from him saying it sounds great and has no switching issues.

Tremoverbs are GREAT amps :) My 1994 head:
tv1.jpg

mJ

Latest posts

Back