Tremoverb Modern Settings?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogieslide

Reaction score
I know there is a Tone database and all, but I have been watching for posts there for a while and have not seen any.

So I am wondering if any Tremoverb users on the board would care to share Modern mode settings.
I have had my Tverb for about a month and a half or so, but haven't been able to spend a lot of time with it. Not as much as I would like anyway. Couldn't seem to dial out the fizzyness on the Modern mode with the bit of experimenting I have done. I have found good gain tones in the Vintage Gain setting and have been using that for the times I have jammed with people. Just wondering if I can get rid of some of the buzz and have a more brutal tone on the modern.

Thanks!

I have a two channel Dual Rectifier, probably a little more gainy, but pretty close anyways? I use the Modern setting on my Red channel (ch.2) with the following settings: Gain=2 o'clock, Treble=12 o'clock, Mids=10:30, Bass=12 o'clock, Presence=9:30. Variac switch to Bold and Tube Rectification!

I have had my T-verb for about the same time and I too haven't got too spend as much time as I would like with it. I threw some EH EL34's in it as well as JJ GZ34 recto tubes and I'm loving it (running it at 50 watts). Currently my settings on the modern channel are:
Gain: 12:30
Treble: 1:30
Mid: 9:00
Bass: 3:00
Presence: 2:00
Reverb: off
Master: 10:00
Running on Bold and Tube Recto

Unfortunately I haven't been able to really get this thing going full throttle, so these settings are basically for practicing in my bedroom.

screamingdaisy said:
boogieslide said:
Couldn't seem to dial out the fizzyness on the Modern mode with the bit of experimenting I have done.

What settings are you using?

Well, I have the Orange Modes cloned over to the Red channel right now. I have the Red channel in the Clean mode so I have it setup for my cleans. I remember finding some decent tones when I had no cloning and the Red channel in Modern mode, but at this point I couldn't tell ya what they were.

For gain tones I have been using the Vintage Gain on Orange:
Presence - 9:00
Bass - 10:30
Mid - 11:00
Treble - 10:00
Gain - anywhere from 12:30 to 3:00 depending on my mood or the tune.
Master - somewhere around 12:00 I believe, but that depends how hard the drummer is hitting :lol:

boogieslide said:
Well, I have the Orange Modes cloned over to the Red channel right now. I have the Red channel in the Clean mode so I have it setup for my cleans.

For gain tones I have been using the Vintage Gain on Orange:
Bass - 10:30
Mid - 11:00
Treble - 10:00
Gain - anywhere from 12:30 to 3:00 depending on my mood or the tune.
Master - somewhere around 12:00 I believe, but that depends how hard the drummer is hitting :lol:

This is almost EXACTLY how I have my Tremoverb setup, except I keep the mids closer to 12:00 or 1:00. I found I liked the vintage gain better than the modern. It's a little more angry sounding (to my ears), so I clone the orange to modern for the cleans, which I can get some GREAT tones with my PRS. For a while, I had a hard time find VERY clear cleans with this amp, but I finally achieved it. Only thing is I WISH I could get my master to 12:00 on the vintage setting. It'd be just too loud for where I'm at (apartment). I did get it up to 12:00 once or twice and it sounded GREAT! Wish I could play it that loud more often.

I did try the distorion on the modern channel (while clonging the Orange to Red), and it didn't sound quite the same as the vintage. I now realize that it was probably because both presence controls were in effect. One of these days, I'd like to revisit that and tweak it some more.

Anyway... first post by me. Seems like a great board!

Ok, so I spent some more time on the Modern mode and have found settings that are giving me a tone and feel that I am digging. I have only used it to play alone so the real test will be to see how it cuts through the mix with the full band on Wednesday. The Modern mode definitely seems to have a wider sound with more low end thump and high end sizzle. I tried what Jbird suggested and set everything to 1:00 and dialed from there. Ended up with this:

Modern, Spongy, SS Rect:
Gain - 1:00 to 3:00
Bass - 10:00
Mid - 1:00
Treble - 11:00
No Reverb
Master - Never pushed it past 10:30 or so.
This Mode is considerably louder than the Vintage Mode.

This was with no cloning so Red was set to Modern and I had Orange set to Clean. I like to have a good clean tone and a mean Gain tone available at the tap of a footswitch. This setup creates another problem for live use though. Might need to start another thread about it to try to get more hits on the Subject. Has to do with the whole Volume surge when switching from Red to Orange and the volume step from Orange to Red.

Switching to the Modern mode takes the negative-feedback loop out of the signal resulting in more volume and punchiness! I prefer the same set-up as you with my two channel Dual Rec: Orange channel cloned to Red, (Clean setting), (allowing for maximum clean headroom), and my Red channel of course to Modern, with the Presence rolled down. I too like one crushing gain channel and one crystal clean channel to work with. FYI, one interesting thing with cloning the Red channel to Vintage (or Orange) is that both presence controls are active giving you two areas of presence to work with. Don't want to throw you off here, because I too feel the amp is more alive with the Modern settings, but it is interesting to note, and serves to the versatility of these Rectifiers.

Latest posts

Back