Tremoverb just arrive, barely alive. Thanks UPS!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Lugo

Reaction score
I bought a T-verb off eBay, not a thing I've ever done before. It got here today was packed decent, not great but good enough. Holes in the side of box both recto tubes were broken. :( I brought it down to my buddies at Mesa Boogie in Hollywood they fired her up and she sounded really killer. Yeah. All the power tubes were old and toasted and the amp still rocked. So I left it for John to do the deal on her.

UPS :twisted:

is that the same john that goes by tokes ? a guy from back here in n.j. went to cali to work for mesa years ago, just wondering if thats the same guy.

yeah he is a bass player,thats most likely him.ill have to give him a call havent spoke to him in a long time.

I absolutely LOATHE (is that spelled right) UPS for shipping amps!! They do OK on small things that aren't breakable, but not amps.

1) Bought a Triple Recto off ebay and they shipped it UPS - When I got it, it had 13 broken tubes!!

2) A friend shipped off his Line 6 Spider amp in the same Line 6 box (and packaging) he got it from a few years ago off of Musicians Friend.com.... A few days later he gets a call from the local UPS store and they said "you better come down here". His Line 6 amp is in 6 peices inside the box!! All the joints broke and every screw that held the chassis to the cabinet were broke.

3) Rectoverb Combo can to me with a 2 broken power tubes and a whole in the box all the way through the grill and the speaker where something had "stabbed" the box in shipping.

Those are my 3 horror stories of UPS. I now use or request DHL or Fed Ex. I just shipped my Road King combo off via DHL and it cost me $175 to ship, but it got to the destination in the same great shape I shipped it in.

tele_jas said:
I absolutely LOATHE (is that spelled right) UPS for shipping amps!! They do OK on small things that aren't breakable, but not amps.

1) Bought a Triple Recto off ebay and they shipped it UPS - When I got it, it had 13 broken tubes!!

2) A friend shipped off his Line 6 Spider amp in the same Line 6 box (and packaging) he got it from a few years ago off of Musicians Friend.com.... A few days later he gets a call from the local UPS store and they said "you better come down here". His Line 6 amp is in 6 peices inside the box!! All the joints broke and every screw that held the chassis to the cabinet were broke.

3) Rectoverb Combo can to me with a 2 broken power tubes and a whole in the box all the way through the grill and the speaker where something had "stabbed" the box in shipping.

Those are my 3 horror stories of UPS. I now use or request DHL or Fed Ex. I just shipped my Road King combo off via DHL and it cost me $175 to ship, but it got to the destination in the same great shape I shipped it in.[/quot

I would take it to a professional packer . Mesa sends all their amps by UPS . At least thats how they arrive here in SC . I suppose Im lucky . never had a problem with them .

I used my newly tubed T-verb tonight at rehearsal. I've always been a Marshall guy and really struggled when it comes to Boogies, they never feel or sound right to me but I hear other people use them and make them sound good, so this is my 3rd attempt at making it work. I own a studio and it's nice to have a recto around.

So tonight the thing I noticed was the amp sounded best with the pre at around 1 O'clock and the master about 10 O'clock. If I turned the master up any higher the sound got to ratty and cold. It sounded nice for sticatto non-musical sections, lots of attack and no sag between notes. Real sharp and clean.

I'm starting a record and I'm gonna be experimenting with combing Marshall/Boogie/Bogner/Soldano to get a massive wall of sound. I'll post some mp3's as things progress.

thought so.when he lived here i think the name of his band was HIPSHOT or something like that.he sold me my first Boogie a MARK IV.very cool dude he is.

Back