Tremoverb help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dominionod

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anybody know why TOV does not have ground switch.
Is this some earlier period or it is something else that i should worry about.

Thank you,

Not sure about year.
No chicken head knobs - early '90 - could be replaced...
Transformers are 906 and 905 which means '99 (not sure if this apply for TOV) but than again they could be replaced as well.

Ebay deal... :roll:

Still waiting to arrives and if anything is wrong I will be able to fix it (not me) but I was just curious about ground switch because there is no one.

Thank you for replies,

It is normal, probaly means it is a later one. Dual and triple rec's where the same thing, older 2 channels had the ground switch, then sometime in the mid ninties they stopped having that, I think when they went to the detachable power cord, of course there were probaly some detachable power cord models with it.

dominionod said:
Hi all,

Does anybody know why TOV does not have ground switch.
Is this some earlier period or it is something else that i should worry about.

Thank you,

... and seems it is in great condition.
However there are few things that I didn't like.

First one s tube socket that has been replaced. Couldn't figure out why has been replaced unless socket it self was bad. New socked does not have good grip and tube is losing power as you move it. Well that is easy fix.
Another thing... there are two caps disconected from board (two orange little caps) and i am not sure if this is part of some mod or what and i would like to ask if any of you can give me some advice on this.

Thank you in advance.

P1000222.jpg

If you look at the schematic's for the Dual Rectifier series amps you'll see resistor's leading from each triode of V5 to the power supply node marked as C. One resistor is 82k, the other is 91k. There are two 120pf caps across each of those resistor's. Those are the two that have been snipped. Why, couldn't tell you. They should be there to help stabilize the power amp and prevent oscillations I believe.

yea the one im getting doesnt seem to have a ground switch either...

does this mean that they are significantly inferior, even tone-wise?

Latest posts

Back