Tremoverb combo fuse blew from clubs crappy power and now?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mixtery

Reaction score
So I blew a fuse at the gig last night, club has questionable power .... I could just tell. The smell was bad out of the amp, from the blown fuse and maybe something else? ALL tubes are less than 5 months old, ALL JJ's. I've had zero issues with this amp. So today I put a new fuse in and started her up and all tubes glowed as usual. I looked at the tubes and they seem fine. However, when I take it off bypass I'm getting a noticeable hum that was not there before. LIke a normal hum with a slight hi pitch attached. I haven't tried plugging the guitar in... should I? Or is this the time to go to the amp tech?
What are the likeliest issues here?

Thanks in advance.

update:
I plugged in my axe and played and got sound going. It sounded ok, but when I cranked up the gain knob I got a pretty hi squeal going on now. And it's pretty noisy. Not the same for sure.

Sounds like maybe some filter caps in the power supply got a good juicing before the fuse blew. Amp tech time, my friend.

seems you're right. Took it to the tech. He's seems to think there is some juicing going on as well. Needed a doc's visit anyway. But this amp sounds sick with JJ EL34's..... when healthy.

Back