Tremolo pedal -- which one?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjk1138

Reaction score
Greetings,

Any tremolo fans out there? I am curious what tremolo pedals you guys recommend. I was considering the Boss TR-2, but I have read that some people have problems with the Boss pedals in the FX loop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

The best one I have played is the Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter Tap Tremolo. It sounds good, has tons of features and it's pretty affordable. The next one up is the Empress. Stay away from the Line 6 Tap Trem though, it's the blurst, it will trem your amp noise even when it's off.

I use a BossTrem works fine no tap tempo though...but I only use it for a couple of tunes and some endings. ( PS I use it through the front end, along with all the other stomps I use, and my delay goes in the fx loop.)

I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the Hardwire TR-7. I have amp
tremolo on my Vox but I'm not into hauling two amps anymore.
If the vibrato, as well as tremolo on the TR-7 are good, then that
would fit my needs perfectly.

Hi - take a look at the Catalinbread Semaphore and Catalinbread Pareidolia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UuMCd931Qc

I toured with the Boss Trem for years! It is a great pedal. The thing I like about it most is that you can really kick it in and out really fast.

The only problem I had with it is sometimes you can get a little lost in the mix depending on the song.

I switched to the Voodoo Lab Trem pedal because it has a volume knob on it for a slight boost.

The only thing I don't like about the VL Trem is that you can't switch it on and off as fast as the Boss because of the design.

Always compromises! The Voodoo Lab pedal sounds much better though.

Fulltone supa-trem...best one on the market. Cost a pretty penny though but doesnt suck tone.

DudewithFr0 said:
Fulltone supa-trem...best one on the market. Cost a pretty penny though but doesnt suck tone.

Ahh...I knew somebody out there was using this one. You just reaffirmed by beliefs :)

The only one I have direct experience with is the Boss TR-2. Have you used that one, and if so, how does it compare to the Fulltone one?

(I think I already know the answer, but....)

fjk1138 said:
DudewithFr0 said:

Ahh...I knew somebody out there was using this one. You just reaffirmed by beliefs :)

The only one I have direct experience with is the Boss TR-2. Have you used that one, and if so, how does it compare to the Fulltone one?

(I think I already know the answer, but....)
Please for the love of good tone dont buy anything from Boss...unless its been modified. The Fulltone is the best. It uses a photo-cell so you get a good sound without that ticking noise from crap tremolo pedals. Tried it out at a local guitar shop its the best. Another good pedal from them is the Deja`Vibe.

If you're good with a soldering iron and love DIY stuff, you should check out http://www.buildyourownclone.com

I really want to try some of their stuff out, but for about $75 a pop for a bunch of pedal PARTS it seems a bit steep. Then again, if your skills are up to par, you're getting a high quality, true bypass, analog pedal every time.

DudewithFr0 said:

I know I'm chiming in on this party a little late, but I agree! For a stand-alone trem unit, this has been the one for me.

I am switching to the G-System this week, so what a coincidence....I've got a Supa-Trem for sale in the classified section here!

RB

Back