Tremolo - Before amp or in effects loop.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What sounds better?
I use my MXR Tremolo before the amp...

I use my boss in the loop, after the noise gate. I used it in front when I noticed a volume drop when it was on, but switched it to the loop after I found there was a trimpot inside to adjust the output volume of the pedal! Use your ears, you should use whatever sounds better to you.

GuitarGoat said:
I use my boss in the loop, after the noise gate. I used it in front when I noticed a volume drop when it was on, but switched it to the loop after I found there was a trimpot inside to adjust the output volume of the pedal! Use your ears, you should use whatever sounds better to you.

Uh, trimpot?

DSCF0004-29-1.jpg

MrMarkIII said:
GuitarGoat said:

Uh, trimpot?

DSCF0004-29-1.jpg

How old is that? I bought mine last year or so and noticed the volume drop. I checked out some mods online and the resistor I was going to change the value to bump up the volume was a trimpot. I don't have the pedal here and won't get it for a couple months or so for pictures but it's there. I was surprised myself.

Boss added the trimpot to the TR-2 about a year or two ago. For those without it, it's a pretty easy mod; if you're not comfortable doing it yourself, Analogman and others can do it for you.

I'm testing mine in the loop.

I'm a proponent of Monte Allums mods. He has a TR-2 mod kit that is super easy to install, kit is only about $20 some bucks, it fixes the volume drop and the tone loss and the noise, and adds a clean boost pot.

Latest posts

Back