TREM-O-VERB reverb problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgventura

Reaction score
For some reason, the reverb (i think the 2 channels share the same circuit) knobs do not work properly. If i turn the reverb up on EITHER channel, the volume increases like CRAZY and the sound just gets super bright (on clean) and just disasterous feedback (on gain). does ANYBODY have a clue what could be wrong? Thanks in advance!

I suggest check all of the connections to/from the reverb tank and the preamp tubes that control the reverb.

so the tube in... V1B (reverb return), V5A (reverb driver) , or V5B (reverb mixer amp)? And by check, do you mean buy a new tube and try it in either one or all of those?

Yeah, I'd say buy two 12AX7 preamp tubes and replace the V1 and V5 preamp tubes. If that doesn't work it may be a problem with the pots.

thanks, sorry for being a pain, but for V5, you think A or B? probably A i'm assuming..? and i hear preamp tubes dont usually need to be changed so, if i do buy two new tubes, i dont really have to buy the other 4 right..?

It's no problem, and you don't have to worry about whether it's A or B because they're both within the same tube.

Latest posts

Back