Transferable warranty and serial number

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings all,
I'm a newbie (to this forum) and just purchased a used Mesa Express 5:50 (2X12)from a music store near here. In fact, it's on the way up, right now. The question I have is: since the previous owner doesn't have the original bill of sale, How hard will it be for me to transfer the warranty from Mesa? I believe they have a 5 year warranty. Can I call mesa, give them the serial number and they would (at least, in theory)find the original store that bought it and thus I could find the original owner?
The store which I purchased it from is going through their records to try and get in touch with the guy who traded in for a marshall half-stack.
Anyone out the got an answer. Sorry if this subject has already been discussed
Thanks
Randy

Although Mesa seems very finicky when it comes to warranties, they are very flexible. Was the dealer an authorized dealer?

Yes, I purchased it from "Long and Mcquade" in Burlington ($1200 CDN). I did email Mesa for additional info, but was directed to call Mesa service from John T. Mesa Hollywood. As soon as the amp gets here(7P.M. local time)I'll get the serial number off it and get a hold of Mesa customer service in Cali and see what they can do for me. Have you ever had dealings with them? Heard they're very reasonable...to some extent.
I've been using a Marshall MG50DFX with a few pedals. (I play for the enjoyment only, no gigging). Heard the Express demo and was hooked. Been playing off and on for a few years. Nothing major...just noodling around with rock and blues. Thanks for your input. Much appreciated
Randy

I purchased a used rectoverb from Long and McQuade Ottawa and had no problem transferring the warranty

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back