Traded my Express for a Mark I Reissue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol4t

Reaction score
I went in today to my shop, these guys are so unorganized sometimes I find something I've never seen before. In the corner was wood cab, Mark I. Since it had been there for awhile the wood was somewhat scuffed, I really liked the size and power, so I traded my 5:50 back and took it home. I'm late to the party and I've found some settings from players, anybody got futher tips on settings?

I had a MKI and it can be a beast, volume wise. tone settings are pretty easy just go realy easy on the bass, i think i ran the bass no higher then 1. the best thing i did was go to 6v6's to bring it down a little. i loved the clean sound of the MKI but didn't like the over driven tones much. I think you want to post this in the Vintage amps section for more responses.Did you like the Express at all? Good luck with the amp

Thanks.
I really liked the Express but couldn't pass this vintage type amp up (being somewhat vintage myself).
It does seem to dislike the bottom end, doesn't it. I'm looking at 6 and half , 4 bass, 4 mid and 4 presence right now.

I'm vintage too (1961 vintage LOL) I had a tough time with the MKI and gave it up fast but I'd love another go at it down the road. I have an express 5:50 1x12 now and love the clean channel on it. I also love how small and light the express is (vintage back too) Does your MKI have the black shadow speaker in it?

jamme61 said:
I'm vintage too (1961 vintage LOL) I had a tough time with the MKI and gave it up fast but I'd love another go at it down the road. I have an express 5:50 1x12 now and love the clean channel on it. I also love how small and light the express is (vintage back too) Does your MKI have the black shadow speaker in it?
Yep, c90, the EVL would make it much heavier from what I'm understanding.
I'm missing the 5 watt option, that is, my wife's missing the 5 watt option, this mofo is loud! I think It's going to stay, but I haven't had a chance to use it with real live people.
The Express is an awesome amp, IMHO, never had a bit of trouble.
I'm learning that most Mesa amps take a while to set up the way your ears want them. It seems to me people give up on them too quick, once you find your groove on a Mesa amp everything sounds good.

Latest posts

Back