Track-lok casters

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So as I mentioned in my first post that I just picked up my very first Mesa, and I was stoked about the removable casters. But when I actually tried to remove them, it was nothing but an exercise in frustration. I got one off after about 15 minutes, and the others would not come off no matter how much I swore at them. Is there a trick to this? Or perhaps do they just need to be lubed? Any suggestions will be most appreciated!
Thanks

So basically they are just a pain in the *** to get out. I'll have another go at them this evening. I'm thinking "hammer"!

I have never had any problem removing them. They are hardly a "pain in the ***." In fact I removed four just now at work. Yours must be stuck.

I've NEVER had any issues with sliding mine out (or mounting them back in), and this over many years of actual use. Once you get your casters out, see if they slide in their grooves well. For whatever reason, yours may have burrs and are binding up in their tracks. Nothing a minute with a file on the 4 edges of each caster couldn't cure, I'm sure.

Edward

It's the release button! I have to push the release button in hard with a screwdriver sometimes because it's so stiff. Once I'm able to slide the caster over the button, that same stiffness (spring tension?) pushes up on the caster giving more resistance :x , hence the wiggling someone else had mentioned. At that point I push the caster plate down toward that button and slide it out, (or in) with some muscle required. One of these days I'm going to gash my hand! :evil:

only 1 of my 4 casters exhibits this behavior. With practice it gets easier. Some days are easier than others.

plan-x said:
It's the release button! I have to push the release button in hard with a screwdriver sometimes because it's so stiff. Once I'm able to slide the caster over the button, that same stiffness (spring tension?) pushes up on the caster giving more resistance :x , hence the wiggling someone else had mentioned. At that point I push the caster plate down toward that button and slide it out, (or in) with some muscle required. One of these days I'm going to gash my hand! :evil:

That makes sense! Good call...

Latest posts

Back