TOOL tour

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lesterpaul

Reaction score
anyone going to see TOOL/seen TOOL on current tour??I have 3 sweet tickets for me and two buds in B HAm next week....wondering if anyone has been to a TOOl show..any feedback(pardon pun... :lol: )would be appreciated...opening acts,etc...

I've seen them 6 times in the last 10+ years... I have no desire to support their current album/tour nor will I pay that ridiculous price tag to hear B-sides from Lateralus :p

Their live shows rule though.

Platypus said:
I've seen them 6 times in the last 10+ years... I have no desire to support their current album/tour nor will I pay that ridiculous price tag to hear B-sides from Lateralus :p

Their live shows rule though.

Platy, You don't like the new album? I thought this album was much more guitar oriented and I liked the Reverand's vocal stylings over all the other albums.

The tone on the Pot is the tone I've been looking for since I was 15!
I've found the amp that will do it, unfortunately it belongs to Elpelotero!

My brother saw them on this tour and he said Adam's guitar tone was sick! You've seen them more times than any other Tool fan I know and your the first I've heard that does not like the new album. Just curious why?

Because I waited 5 years only for them to re-release Lateralus... almost every song has riffs from other Tool songs and I felt like they produced nothing new or interesting to listen to. Half the tracks are throw-aways or incredibly trite lyrically.

I guess I'm overly critical but only because Tool is one of my favorite rock groups.

Maynard was off doing his own thing with APC and Adam/Danny wrote most of the album.. you can tell because it's more instrument focused and at the same time the lyrics were an after thought instead of like their other work.

Without getting into specifics (listen and you can hear), there are almost direct cops of 46&2, Disposition, Schism, H and Ticks & Leaches on the new album. Lyrically I feel like I was being talked down to for almost every track without the typical Tool double-speak metaphors this time around.

I don't know, that's my 2 cents on the matter, I just feel like 5 years is a long time to wait without anything innovative.

That being said, the 3 tracks I can enjoy are Vicarious (aka schism lol), Jambi, and The Pot (although lyrically abyssmal) and the breakdown in Rosetta Stoned (various Aenima riffs)

OK, Platy you sold me the album sucks! JK :wink: , I agree though 5 years is a long time to wait and although I like APC, I would rather Maynard focus on Tool.

I'm not much into Lyrics, except for old Jane's Addiction, so not much I can say there. I think Adam is very repetitive (as are most guitarist, IMO, they find what works and stick with it, Tom Morello is very much that way) and uses a lot of the same Drop D chord progressions. Which is nice because it makes it easier to figure stuff out. My little brother plays Jambi and Rosetta Stoned and nails Adams riffs.

I don't quite have the nuance of how he picks and releases Jambi yet. That's what I've found to be difficult about Adam. If you listen to the body of Hooker w/ a Penis and try to make it sound good you have to oick and pull of just right. His pick harmonics are tricky some times too.

The thing I like most about Tool is, even after all of these years, I still find new stuff in the songs that blows me away.

lesterpaul said:
anyone going to see TOOL/seen TOOL on current tour??I have 3 sweet tickets for me and two buds in B HAm next week....wondering if anyone has been to a TOOl show..any feedback(pardon pun... :lol: )would be appreciated...opening acts,etc...

I'll be in Birmingham. Where are your seats? I'm picking up my tickets today.

12 row center VIP...a friend is a pro scalper and I think these are some of his season tics...have you been to it since it was bought by erizon??last time I was there it was oak mt amp...wondering how the VIP thing works..for the$$, I hope food is included... :)

clutch71 said:
OK, Platy you sold me the album sucks! JK :wink: , I agree though 5 years is a long time to wait and although I like APC, I would rather Maynard focus on Tool.

I'm not much into Lyrics, except for old Jane's Addiction, so not much I can say there. I think Adam is very repetitive (as are most guitarist, IMO, they find what works and stick with it, Tom Morello is very much that way) and uses a lot of the same Drop D chord progressions. Which is nice because it makes it easier to figure stuff out. My little brother plays Jambi and Rosetta Stoned and nails Adams riffs.

I don't quite have the nuance of how he picks and releases Jambi yet. That's what I've found to be difficult about Adam. If you listen to the body of Hooker w/ a Penis and try to make it sound good you have to oick and pull of just right. His pick harmonics are tricky some times too.

The thing I like most about Tool is, even after all of these years, I still find new stuff in the songs that blows me away.

Adam is a great player even though he's not a fretbord wizard. I find his licks very tasty and his tone is great too. Funny thing, I listened to 10,000 Days on my train commute this morning to work and found myself still not liking it... though I will say the titular track is great, I should add that to my list of songs to listen to from the album.

I tend to get over opinionated with music so sorry if my post seemed rantish :D

lesterpaul said:
12 row center VIP...a friend is a pro scalper and I think these are some of his season tics...have you been to it since it was bought by erizon??last time I was there it was oak mt amp...wondering how the VIP thing works..for the$$, I hope food is included... :)

I will be in VIP as well but I haven't seen my tickets yet so I don't know where I'll be.

I'll wear a Boogie shirt though, heh.

clutch71 said:
The tone on the Pot is the tone I've been looking for since I was 15!
I've found the amp that will do it, unfortunately it belongs to Elpelotero!

a million billion dollars!

or more beer!

Latest posts

Back