Took the Express lane home today

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cant play pool with a rop

Reaction score
I went to my local Mesa dealer today to try some amps out all day. I played the Lonestar Classic, Special, Roadking 2, Dual Rec, Roadster( I have and am selling), Express 5:25, 5:50 and two different Bogners. Express Music is a relatively small store and I arrived when he opened when nobody was there yet. I cranked 'em all it was a blast and the owner is totally cool with it; in fact he suggests crankin' it up. The amps I found myself the most attracted to were the 5:50 and the Lonestar Classic( Perry called Tim Mcgee for me today to see when the new series will be be available and they"re not being shipped till late March/April.) The 5:50 was a 1x12--Mesa hasn't finished production on the 2x12s yet- another month or so and they"ll be shipped. At first with the 5:50 I only liked the clean channel partly due to not giving the other modes a fair shot. So I switched around amps and came back to it and started liking everything about this amp. I then went to lunch for an hour and came back and went through each mode for sweet spots and each of them had plenty of them . I got a killer fendery clean with awesome reverb in the clean mode. The crunch mode was excellent for AC/DC, ZZ, and a excellent low gain blues rhythm sound. The blues mode was phenomenal for all types of blues- I got a choice Stormy Monday sound goin'. The Burn mode is freakin' killer its the answer to my prayers for a heavy crunch thats non-recto. With the contour and gain cranked in 5 watt mode with the volume up I got a lead tone I aint heard in long time.The sustain was unbelievable and the tone was on fire. In 50watt mode with gain, contour cranked and volume at about 11 the rhythm crunch is fantastic,tight and ruthless. After thoroughly checking this amp out for a few hours and other amps as well I decided to buy the sucka.I got all this killer tones without ever feeling the need for my Fulldrive or OCD. Only my Clyde Deluxe Wah.So if you get a chance to play one crank the sucker and Express yourself!-- oh yeah in crunch mode there's a phenominal Blackface sound with the gain low- again blowing me away.. With this amp I noticed only some of the modes were good at real low volumes but moderate to cranked all of them are excellent. So now my new setup is the Ace with a 4x12 and this bad boy and they compliment each other really well. Time to open it back up!!

oh man you making me feel the GAS pain....I need one of each in head form (5:25 &5:50)...yes one of each...don't ask LOL.

Back