tone help!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggs151

Reaction score
I just got a dual rec and i previously owned a mark IV, i love the low end of the rec and i have a ibanez 6 and 7 string with Evos in the bridges and nortons in the necks. i cant seem to get a lead tone i like with the evolutions, any tweaking i do results in a really tweedy bitey tone and and picking runs smear together and is not very distinguishable. the nortons sound awsome as usual im just wondering what pickup might be a good option besides the evolution. Thanks!

I suggest going to the tone database and putting your amp on Channel 2 in the Vintage setting with the bold power and tube rectifier. You can get lead tones out of the 3rd channel but it's primarily rythm oriented in my mind..

The DR is a great amp but it's lead tones are harder to dial in than a good rhythm one.. just play around with it.

I can post settings of two lead tones I liked a lot.

One is in the database that redmax entered. The entry about the EL34's and 84's.

Here is another lead tone I like:

(Chan 2, same info as above)

Presence: 4 o clock
Volume: 11:30
Gain: 2 o clock
Bass: 1 o clock
Mid: 11:30
Treble: 1 o clock

I think you can get great tones out of the evos with the DR.

you are definatly right lead tones are harder to find, but thanks for the tip i am gonna go try it out!

Latest posts

Back