Tone and Amp advice... modded Recto vs. Road King vs. Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's my best option?

• a) Voodoo Platinum Mod for my Dual Rectifier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • b) Road King

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • c) Mark V

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
Oh I see, learned something new today.

But no, what I wanted to know is if I could maybe use Gigrig pro or MIDI also as a channel switcher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UslsUkPRZMY&feature=fvsr

Using a midi controller is pretty typical. This video shows everything Alter Bridge is running. Apparently Myles runs a Mark V and a Diezel Herbert in stereo for dirt, as well as a Lonestar Classic for clean. Mark Tremonti runs two Fender Twins for clean, two Triple Rectos for Rhythm, and two Bogners for lead. They control all of this plus a myriad of pedals with a midi controller. SO COMPLEX!

If I was gigging, I'd run an Electra Dyne and a Dual Rectifier for sure!

I have the RJM Mini Effects Gizmo that controls 5 pedals so you can use them in any combo via midi. I have my boost in there and it works perfect! It costs $349 I think.

luiza177 said:
Yes, I play a PRS custom 22 loaded with Tremonti pickups. I love the recto's tone, especially boosted, which is why I'm hesitant to sell it for a Mark V. So before I decide on any amps, I'm looking into other OD/boost pedals, my main issue is the "tap dance" problem.

To stop tap dance and to automate switching amp channels and pedal effects in/out, look at Rocktron's Loop 8 rack or floor models. The rack model needs a midi floor controller, such a Behringer FCB1010.

You can split Loop 8:
-front of amp
-amps effect loop

Set up different effects in different loops and bring in/out or combine loops as needed. Example, front of amp: use 2 loops for rhythm tones and another loop for solos. For amp's effect loop: use 2 loops for rhythm tones and one loop for solos. So far, 6 loops used, still 2 left for channel switching. Many ways to set this up. A lot of freedom.

Latest posts

Back