TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS.........

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Thanksgiving guys!

What's thanksgiving about by the way? We don't celebrate it here in Europe. Is it about the independency or about Us history or just some excuse to get drunk?

Thanksgiving is about giving thanks for all we have here in the USA,yeah,many of us get drunk on this and other holidays,but many dont.We do exhibit much excess here in the USA,but if anyone like the Nazis ever come knocking at your door there in the Netherlands I'll bet you wont mind if us drunks bail you out for a third time.Happy Thanksgiving Aart and to all.

hope you guys all had fun today.
i just got off a 12 hour day.
i work in culinary arts, so my day was only happy for my bank account.
but i work with some awesome talent, so it went very smooth.

i guess i will be able to pay that roadster off per the 2009 Guitar center financing plan :lol:

colloquially, thanksgiving celebrates the gifts given to the "pilgrims" (puritans) who traveled from europe in ~1621. you are to give thanks for what you have, I guess.

stokes said:
Thanksgiving is about giving thanks for all we have here in the USA,yeah,many of us get drunk on this and other holidays,but many dont.We do exhibit much excess here in the USA,but if anyone like the Nazis ever come knocking at your door there in the Netherlands I'll bet you wont mind if us drunks bail you out for a third time.Happy Thanksgiving Aart and to all.

Hehe, I get it.
But two times? We only needed you once(very big thanks to your dads/grandpas for that one :wink: ). Netherlands weren't participating in WO I. :wink:

Okay,Aart,I'll give you WWI,but it was only a matter of time before the Kaiser would have wanted to add your beautiful land to his collection.But seriously,Thanksgiving started as a simple meal to give thanks by the pilgrims for surviving another year,but as is the norm it was turned into another commercial big ticket holiday here.But we can all give thanks that the Pilgrims puritanistic ways died out or we wouldnt have R&R today.Oh,and many of us here really dont need a holiday to get drunk,any Thursday will do.All the best.

Monsta-Tone said:
actually beginning of summer indeed

Rub it in why don't you? We are about to get hit with a big snow storm.

How do you feel about being a foreign exchange musician for a few months? :lol:

Happy Turkey Day!!

:mrgreen:

so far so good!!

man, when it's get hot here is HOT!! and snow, what is that?? never heard of :wink:

Happy Life for all of us!! :D

tk good cr Bro!

Latest posts

Back