time machine boost, anyone used one with their mesa?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrykeBack

Reaction score
Curious if anyones used one. Especially for a rectoverb, considering trying this to replace the ts9dx with a nicer unit

I rolled my Heartbreaker into my local store that had a TMB in stack and spent some time with it. I really liked what it did for me. IT is a pedal that you have to spend some time with. Also it likes to work with an amp that is a bit cranked. Tha pedal dosent make distortion or overdrive in the usual sense it just gives you more of what ever you already have.

Hope this helps.

Actually I already bought one and have the original blue TMB type. Works really well. This pedal actually makes me have to use my volume knobs. I set them at 50 percent with the pedal off and then work from there with so many cool settings to light breakup to push the tubes to the wall on modern mode of the recto on the modern boost side of the tmb

Just curious, what settings are you using for santana? like amp channels and settings? I find it easier to boost the heck out of the clean channel to get a nice smooth lead tone, though i think the roadkings have that extra clean channel called FAT or something right? bastards! :x

I posted some settings on grail tone you migh want to check out.

As I have soid in other posts-- I am a big believer in compression for boost as well as sustain.

Todd

StrykeBack said:
Just curious, what settings are you using for santana? like amp channels and settings? I find it easier to boost the heck out of the clean channel to get a nice smooth lead tone, though i think the roadkings have that extra clean channel called FAT or something right? bastards! :x

yes, the roadkings have a extra clean channel, it is channel 2. it has three modes, clean, fat and brit. I am so happy with the brit mode now.

my settings for santana.
roadking ch2
2x EL34
tube rectifier

gain 4:00
treble 4:00
mid 2:00
bass 1:00
presence 9:30
master 10:00

zendrive settings

vol 12:00
tone 1:00
gain 9:00
voice 3:15

I have many overdrive pedals like klon, fulldrive2, ts808, sib varidrive, etc... but these pedals sound unnatural to combine with boogie amps IMO...
the zendrive gives boogie amps a responsive, open, harmonically rich, warm and buttery smooth tone. it's amazing. only 150 bucks.

Back