Three Quarter Back

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LesCarr

Reaction score
Any opinions on stacking my MkIV wide-body combo over a 3/4 back 1x12 cab. I would like to open up the sound a little bit at lower volumes thinking this may help.

three quarter bac looks like a go but I may hav to return my Carl Martin DeLayla XL delay/echo unit to pay for the cost of cab :oops: both run approximately the same price same price :!:

I just picked up a used one to go with my DC-5. I like running it by itself as oppose to with the combo speaker. The 3/4 back has a more even and fuller tone, way more bottom end. I would be interested in doing an A-B comparison with a Theile cab. I play only at home in a large room with a high ceiling. A club siuation may dictate something different.

LesCarr said:
three quarter bac looks like a go but I may hav to return my Carl Martin DeLayla XL delay/echo unit to pay for the cost of cab :oops: both run approximately the same price same price :!:

i don't know if you're still around after a year and a half, but did you ever go through with this? i'm contemplating it myself now.

I liked my 3/4 back quit a bit un fortunately I sold it as well as my Mark IV :(
I only sold them to pay down some debt and to keep my guitars. Amplifiers come and go but when you have an axe that fits the need then keep it.
I'm fixing up a Fender Concert Amp that I got for trading. It is in excelent condition cosmeticly I'm thinking about a tone & distortion clean up mod once the amp is gone through a tec check.
I'm messing around with 65 Bassman Head "that has a AB165 circuit" and
has a Macintyre "Blues Maker" mos through a Marshall 1965 410 cab

Latest posts

Back