Thoughts and/or Opinions - BB Pre-amp or OCD?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tubby_cosmos

Reaction score
Looking at getting a bit of a boost for my ED's gain and I'm split between the OCD and the BB preamp. Any opinions on which one mates better with the ED?

The BB and OCD are fairly different beasts. I have not tried a BB, but have been wanting to for ages. The Tone controls work very well for the AC boost so I imagine they will be equaly good on the BB since the general circuit is very similar.

I have an OCD and an AC+ and Don't usually use either with the ED. The OCD is very versatile and can be used as an almost clean boost or even a trebble boost as well as for dirt.

save your money

this works great as a boost
http://www.guitarcenter.com/MXR-CL1-Classic-Overdrive-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-105811939-i1524102.gc

plus there is an internal toggle switch that changes it to a zack wild overdrived. atleast that is what I read it turns it into

I modded the pedal and put the toggle on the outside. depending on my mood I switch it

cheap and sounds great

The MXR GT-OD sounds fantastci!...So does the Classic OD and the MXR 1978 Distortion. MXR is banging out killer pedals. I have tried many Boss pedals, modded Boss pedals, the OCD, some Maxon, the Xotic BB and RC, the Xotic BB MB, the Lovepedal Kalamazoo, and the Fulltone Plimsoul.
The Xotic line are still my favorite OD pedals! Just amazing pedals. I have not tried all of these new MXR pedals but they sound great! For ME, Love the Xotic BB....the added benefit of the bass and treble control is great.
I also thikn the Maxon OD-808 is also great!

I have both. And like the transparency of the BB Preamp. The BB sounds like your amp, and I've found it sounds great with all my amps. The OCD oth sounded like crap through my Shiva and my previous Bogner XTC.

Don't forget the Maxon OD-808.

I never like clips I hear of the BB....but always recall the times I took it to rehearsal and ran it through the clean channel of my VHT or my Bogner and both times I thought I could play the whole time with nothing but the BB. It sounded like a good amp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYjyx6xuKXY

Latest posts

Back