Those wires stapled to the top of IIC+ cab......

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supergenius365

Reaction score
What are they supposed to attach to? Mine run to the screw holes, but are so worn and tattered that they don't really seem to be attached to anything. Are they supposed to touch the chassis screws?

Thanks,
J

They should go underneath the SUS-4 mount bracket and sit there. The washer is then used to connect the screw to the braided wire which then adds the shielding to the chassis ground. The non SUS mount's should not have the braid as the chassis is pulled all the way up to make contact with the foil. It's the same for heads.

I got mine used so forgive me........But there are no washers in my little black cups. Just the hole that the screw goes through is metal. Am I missing some pieces?

Thanks

Boogiebabies said:
If you have SUS-4 mounts, there are four washers that go into the cups before you insert the chassis screws.

So looking down at the top of the amp I should see a screw and a washer sitting in each of the 4 cups? How does the braided wire touch the washer then?

Thanks

The braided wire is under the left rear washer. The washer lays on the braid and the screw touches the washer and adds the shield to the chassis. Presto !!!

It does work and is a good shield. If it is not working or dirty you may hear a tad bit of hum. I keep them clean with contact cleaner and i make sure that the washer is making contact with the washer.

Latest posts

Back