This is why I chose the Mark V over any other amp.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaManBoogie

Reaction score
Channel 1 might not have the lonestars cleans but it does sound awesome

Channel 2 can do metal and love the extra bass on this channel, Mark I sounds pretty good with master all the way up

Channel 3 Best leads on any mode and rhythm also

I do guitar covers of different bands, metal in specific and I've been able to dial any tone pretty much,with the combination of different guitars and pickups.

Here are my latest covers

KoRn Right Now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40kTe28RbuI

Drowning Pool Tear Away http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKEjXt-LOHs

Sounds great.

I don't know how you can get those sounds with the presence that high. If I put the presence that high on mine, it turns shrill.

eudaimonia02912 said:
Sounds great.

I don't know how you can get those sounds with the presence that high. If I put the presence that high on mine, it turns shrill.

Which speakers are you using, is yours a combo also?

I used to own the head and 4x12 with V30's and I kept the presence around 1:00.

Yes, I'm using the combo. I keep the presence at about 10:00, and that's with EL34s. When I had 6L6s, I kept it lower.

Sounds cool...

I see you run EL34s on this one. What do you think of Edge mode with the EL's? There have been some posts lately about a Marshally tone. Do you think the Edge EL34 tone gets closer to that?

Heritage Softail said:
Sounds cool...

I see you run EL34s on this one. What do you think of Edge mode with the EL's? There have been some posts lately about a Marshally tone. Do you think the Edge EL34 tone gets closer to that?

My Combo has the stock tubes (6L6's) I would not be able to answer that. Maybe eudaimonia02912 might be able to answer your questions.

Heritage Softail said:
Sounds cool...

You know, I hadn't tried edge again yet until you asked. It sounds really good now. I might even use it with a boost instead of crunch. It has a more open, less congested feel. It sounded harsh with the 6L6s, even when I EQ'd it as suggested, but it sounds good now. It would make a great classic rock channel, and can get something like the brown sound with the gain cranked and with a boost.

Very nice tones and chops MBM! I like the fact you are using a "stock combo" for this demo. Which mode(s) are you playing in for each song and what effects are you running?

MBJunkie said:
Very nice tones and chops MBM! I like the fact you are using a "stock combo" for this demo. Which mode(s) are you playing in for each song and what effects are you running?

Thanks, Yes all Stock.
Mark IV mode for both vids and same settings pretty much, one song is in Drop C and the other A and for effects I used the G major from TC electronic and the Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah

Latest posts

Back