Thiele vs Avatar G112

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lester

Reaction score
Has anyone used both of these cabinets before?

I want to stack my Mark IIB combo on one of them...but I have no experience with either.

My plan is to use the EV 12L from the combo in the extra cabinet and put a Celestion in the combo.

Just wondering if the Avatar G112 cab is a good substitute for the Thiele cab?

Thanks!

Steve

I have a thiele with a Delta Pro 12 speaker in it (similar to the EV). You will not get the same bottom end from the Avatar as you will from the thiele. If you are looking for MASSIVE bottom get the thiele.

I have a custom convertible cab that goes from sealed to open back and ported to unported. It can act like any of the 1x12 extension cabinets that Boogie makes and it is made by KK Audio. The little cabinet seriously rocks. I have an EVM-12L in it and I couldn't be happier. I thought about getting the little Recto 1x12 cabinet that comes open and sealed but I wanted a Thiele too. I compromised and found this cabinet. Granted it doesn't say Mesa or Boogie on it anywhere but for $125 loaded with the EVM already I couldn't complain. E-bay rocks...

I might have it recovered in tolex because I don't care for the black carpet but it is pretty stealthy without drawing too much attention when the front panel is on and it is closed. Yes, it has a road case front door that protects the metal grille. The back panel door is hinged so you can select the amount of air coming out of the back so the openback-ness is selectable also.

fb1nn9.jpg
501so9.jpg
3d1ph7.jpg

Latest posts

Back