thiele scoore

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phyrexia

Reaction score
So even though I have a custom thiele cab on order, I was browsing ebay last night and saw an auction I'd seen earlier in the week. I certainly didn't want anybody to get away with a Theile/EV combo for $186.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220104043525

I wasn't expecting it to go that low though O_O

-vw

That was a good score. Kinda high on the shipping (it cost me $25 ea. to ship mine), but that low price makes up for it.

FWIW it's a cross-country trip so $50 seems more reasonable here in Alabama, since he's in California. $250 out the door is still fine by me :)

I had that one on my watch list and had I not seen the one I bought I would have bid on it. Great price. Ebay can be so funny, I have recently seen Thieles sell for over $300 plus shipping. I got mine for $250 plus shipping, but it is dead mint and has a cover so I think I got a good deal. Good score there though, $200 is a great deal.

gts said:
Guess you haven't been reading this thread:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=12029

Be careful with this seller I hope it works out!!

seriously... i was just about to bring that up myself... :?

the general appearance of the ad had me suspicious, so i started looking for the "there were no rsrv so" and "smoke and pet free home" lines..

seems like it'***** or miss with him though, some people give him excellent feedback

Indeed, excellent score! I was lucky a few years ago looking through the local paper and finding a guy IN my neighborhood selling a Thiele cab ...for $200!! I drove over (10 minutes from my home) and there is this pristine Thiele cab in blonde tolex. I'm thinking, "dang, that doesn't match" (duh, I had never heard one before and I'm thinking about color coordination?!!) The bonus, it's an EV-Thiele! Plugged it into his MkIII ...whoa!! I had to play down my excitement for fear he'd figure it out. Got home and plugged into my DC5 and found the two the most righteous tonal partners: small footprint, yet huge on tone! Enjoy it. I know mine's a keeper!

Edward

Just watch your butt. Seems he likes to give it to people w/o lube. Ask Bucket...

sundaypunch said:
I wouln't worry too much. First of all it is cheap. Most of all, there is very little that can go wrong with a cabinet compared to an amp.

UPS managed to find a way to smash one of the two I sold last month.

poor-thiele-01.jpg

You should have contacted me we might have worked something out. Oh well, when I came home with my 4x12 from Highland my wife let me know I'd be selling those Thieles pretty quickly. :shock:

Which dealer do you work for? I just bought my Roadster from Brothers a few months back. Feel free to pm me if you don't want to post it here.

Back