There's something wrong with my presence on my single recto.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectricTurkey4369

Reaction score
While I'm on the modern mode the presence works perfectly. When I go to vintage I experience a volume drop. As I turn the presence there is no difference until I go past 3 o'clock, which is when I experience a sheer harsh tone. It's weird because my presence sounds the same when it's at 0 and 2 o'clock, but once you get past 3 or 4 it sounds so thin and brittle. Is this a pre amp tube problem?

I'm about 99% sure that presence is a function of the power amp... how old are your power tubes? Have you ruled out anything else, like... does it happen if you run silicon diodes and the rectifier tubes?

I had a Single Rec Series II, there is a volume drop going from Modern to Vintage. Normal, tells you in the manual some reason for this, does not make it good.....

I liked the Recto chainsaw buzz, but not to the dimed presence and treble extent.

mrd said:
I'm about 99% sure that presence is a function of the power amp... how old are your power tubes? Have you ruled out anything else, like... does it happen if you run silicon diodes and the rectifier tubes?

I just had my tubes replaced a couple days ago.

Latest posts

Back