there's one amp I'll never sell

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveg62

Reaction score
About two months ago for some reason I thought I needed a better amp. So after researching and reading plenty of reviews I started looking for a good deal on something used locally. Since I don't like the idea of shipping when it comes to higher end gear. I ended up with a Bogner Shiva in mint condition for a great price. After about three weeks of really trying to like this amp, last night I switched back to my Mark III just to hear the difference. There's nothing wrong with this Bogner. I even bought a new set of tubes, which sound about the same as what were in there. The Shiva is a really nice amp, don't get me wrong. But as soon as I started playing my Boogie again, I knew that the Bogner wasn't for me. So I guess I'll be putting a Shiva EL34 head up for sale soon....I guess it's true the grass isn't always greener :)

I gotta get me a mark III. I have never read a bad review of it.

I have to say, everytime I go out and try other amps at the store, it just makes me love my Mark IV and Road King that much more. And I have tried other amps that I have liked. I really like the peavey 6505 (with the gain set at 10:00, anything more is too much). I also love the clean on the fender hot rods. I have also really liked the Randall MTS and T2.

But when I get back home and plug back into the boogies, there is just no way I could do without them

I have mainly been playing the Mark IV since I have had it about a month and am still slightly in my new gear mode.

But I plugged in the Road King the other day and cranked it and fell in love all over again. It's a thick beast. And the recto growl when letting open chords ring out is gold.

But I love the Mark IV tight smooth distortion as well.

I can't really say I like one more then the other. They seem to serve different purposes.

I love my mark III just as well (or more) than MKIV's or II's. They are a great bang for your buck too.

Tony owns:

Mark IIC+ SX head
Mark IIC+ DRGX head
Mark III black stripe DRGX head
Mark IV A DRGX head
4x12 Recto standard.

That's what I'm talking about! :D

I was gigging with my Marshall JCM 2000 TSL100 (three chnl amp) for quite a few years and then I heard a band mate's Mark III. I loved its sound it its very quiet noise floor. I had to have one!
I bought one. Loved it all the time and gigged with it often.
Bought a Mark II C+... now lots of problems deciding what to gig with...
My C+ is on the way back from Petaluma tune up and I know it will get some serious playing time for a while. I don't know what you guys do with several Boogie amps. I have a hard time as it is. I don't bother taking out any of my Fenders or Peavey amps anymore. It's always tough deciding between these two fine Boogies now.

Boogie Woogie Man said:
I had a IIC+ for a while and loved it but I love my III even more, I prefer the clean sounds from the III and I use that 80% of the time.

why do you prefer the III? just curious. since almost everyone is raving bout the c+, i just wanna hear a breath of fresh air... :wink:

Back