The "Show off your Express/guitar rig" thread!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since snapping this picture I've added a 4 x 12 cab and a few more guitars. :) This is my rig for smaller venues:

4250622621_2fab3b7ec2_b.jpg

Nice Gretsch!! I picked up this little beauty last year for a steal!! What an awesome guitar!!! It's one of the most versatile guitars I've ever played. Nice Egnater...have my eye on a Rebel30 combo.

4479413143_694e9c4e14_o.jpg

Not such a great pic, but that's what I get for taking it at night! Since this was taken, I've jettisoned the chorus (never used anymore) in favor of a TU-3 tuner.

newriga.jpg

Ok, here we go....

4747813496_f321804cd8_b.jpg

Just got the Explorer. Had an Explorer like 8 or 9 years ago and got rid of it for some stupid-*** reason. Couldn't take the regret anymore and got another one :)

Here's my stuff....gets a good workout regularly

Rehearsal : a smaller Custom Rig

mbs_(1).jpg

mbs_(2).jpg

mbs_(3).jpg

mbs_(4).jpg

mbs_(5).jpg

ShowTime : a larger Custom Rig

mb1.jpg

mb2.jpg

mb3.jpg

mb4.jpg

mb5.jpg

mb6.jpg

mb7.jpg

mb8.jpg

mb9.jpg

seeya

Joe

joesnewmatch said:
Thank God you have an easy button, or you might get tripped up!

Nice effects box. Is that homemade?

Hey JNM, it is homemade...

The aluminum box is a Hammond chassis that I customized to take a Tech 21 Boost DLA Delay, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus and Boss TU-12 Tuner. Internally there is an A/B switch to switch from Tuner to amp Input and then there are two FX loops that are controlled by the other Hammond Black Box that has the 5 momentary Stomp Footswitches and connected to the 'brain' via a 6-pin DIN cable. The first loop is for the Sparkle drive, which is looped before the input of the Amp. The second loop is for the Analog Chorus that is in series with the Boost DLA and connects externally to the Express FX loop. The Boost DLA is not True Bypasss, but, it allows the delay to trail when it is switched out so no abrupt delay cut-off. I use the Boost DLA for solos because I can get 6-9dB clean boost and delay when I kick it in. I also control the Express Reverb and channel switching from the remote footswitch buttons labelled REV and CHN.

switcher.jpg

mbs_(4).jpg

Underneath the sloped panel with all of the 1/4" jacks are two circuitboards with DPDT Relays that switch the FX in and out. This eliminates a long cable going to the front of the stage, all of the audio stays within the box.

There is a small diecast box (yes it's a Hammond), beside the Chorus...it has two 1/4" jacks and a 250k potentiometer to trim the output volume of the Chorus..the volume is not matched well from the factory when the effect is "ON".

There is also a 9VDC power supply to power all of the FX and the Tuner and 12VDC to send to the remote footswitch.

A Mesa decal on the front, a No Velcro sticker on the back, a plexiglas hinged lid, handy carry handle and groovy 3 color LED lighting finish the box off. I scanned the Express front panel from the manual and laminated it onto the box so that I could mark the settings with a black marker for later recall.

This is a handy FX system for rehearsals or small gigs and/or jams...beats lugging around the 46 pound Furman!..here's the Furman System Schematic...

pedalboard1a.jpg

pedals1.JPG

Thanks for asking :!:

PS. I don't work for Hammond.... but they are a great Canadian Company

a2dconverter said:
Here's my stuff....gets a good workout regularly
mb3.jpg

Joe

Love the Roadstar II's. I had one just like that in puke yellow/green. It had DiMarzio single coils, a Floyd Rose, and the most amazing neck....still don't know why I sold it....

Heres my 2006 gibson and my 550 2x12...
dewy_2010

http://s1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/dewy_2010/?action=view&current=alpboogkeeper2b.jpg

I know it's a bit of an older thread, but i just finally got signed up, so didn't think i should make a new post for this.

Here's My Express Rig:
Originally the head was in a combo, then I just bought the head shell about 7 months ago and now use the empty combo as an ext. cabinet (actually filled in the back to make it as a mostly closed back. This also allows me to use the head easier with my Carvin 4x12 cab or my Blackstar 1x10's for different recording tones.

It's got a couple of pedals up front, G-Major in the loop, control by GCX and Ground Control Pro

CIMG02592.jpg

Express 5:50 with a Doug's Tubes tube set, "Boogie" badge, and a 2x12 rectifier cab underneath. Mostly playing the Les Paul Traditional Pro these days, but have a couple of strats, a tele, and a mustang that all sound phenomenal through it.

IMG_3240.jpg

Latest posts

Back