The secret to PURE tone...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a $5 bill but it frayed too quickly, I had to move up to higher denominations. Fifties are fine.

I don't know if someone already said this, but I think its humorous that grinding it down resulted in "Liberty" becoming "BERT". Kind of cool if your name happens to be Bert.

Anyway, I am always messing around with picks, so I am very curious as to how this sounds, especially with high gain settings.

I keep trying to find the perfect pick for me, one that produces a tight and articulate tone, without sounding scratchy and noisy.

Got a V pick. Kind of a nasty chirp going on. Couldn't get over it. It was a really thick one too, and note separation in chords suffered way too much. Also have a Wegen Button. It's a 5mm pick with a squared edge. Good chord definition, emphasized high end a lot. Red bear also makes some fantastic picks. I use their tuff tone ones because I'm not comfortable paying more for a more temporary pick, no matter how much it sounds like real turtle shell. The tuff tone ones last forever. Really, they do. Aside from Red Bear, Wegen makes the best picks I've ever played. I had a Yeux Noir 2.5mm that I had dreams about finding for months after I lost it.

I'll second the negative on the v-pick. I wanted to love them. Bought several different ones... but the chirp is ultra annoying. Not bad if you were just doing rhythm and chord work, but for single notes its grating on the ears..

Dunlop Tortex .073
I buy them in the 72 packs
After amps, tubes, speakers, pups, cables, strings, settings, etc.. I just have to draw the line somewhere. :lol:

escher said:
I'll second the negative on the v-pick. I wanted to love them. Bought several different ones... but the chirp is ultra annoying. Not bad if you were just doing rhythm and chord work, but for single notes its grating on the ears..
Yeah. I dumped it after trying to speed pick with it. Awful results.

Latest posts

Back