''The secret 4th channel on a mark 3''

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bartchamdoh

Reaction score
The various versions of the Mark 3 (60watt,60/100,simul-class,non eq/rev etc,etc)are famous for amongst other things being the worlds first tri-model amp ie clean,crunch and high gain lead,however there is a secret 4th foot switchable channel which occurs when you engage both foot switches or both channels via the respective push/pull control knobs.What occurs is that the subtle crunch of the second channel is added to the gain/eq of the lead channel for a slightly thicker,darker sound much like adding a tube screamer to the gain of a good over drive pedal or amp.I love to use this setting for thicker rock type riffing or for boosting solo,s.Although at first this setting seems quite subtle the more you use this setting the more you hear the distinctive voicing it has.If your amp has an on board five band eq with an eq foot switch your almost in option over load lol.Why this amp is held in such low regard compared to the mark 2c+/4 i don,t know...I LOVE IT!!!..it,s more aggressive than the four and got more gain/versatility than the 2c+....to me it,s the under rated horse that end,s up winning the race!

P.S. Loving my Mark III. Stunning low-end with the Simul-class, very diverse if you're willing to weak and they just looking god-**** sexy on top of a Recto 412.

Hi Tony i don,t have a 2c+ and nor have i played one!Years ago i had a blonde 60/100 Mark 2c fully loaded with all the options which i swapped for a fully loaded green stripe simul-class....which to this day remains my number one amp and the best amp i have played imho_Over the years i,ve played or owned most of the top boogies....mark 4,studio pre,rectifiers as well as playing Engl,s,Cornfords.Fenders,Marshalls and a host of other top notch amps....i like mark 3,s...CHECK MY SIG!!! ....and you,ve got one in there with your mark 2c+,s etc you know where i,m coming from lol.

I did not know this!!! I can't wait to get home after this night shift and check this out...THANKS!!!

That is the secret to a big fat round lead sound!!!!!!

with tons of sustain!!!!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back