The question!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Hetfield

Reaction score
4x12 stand rec
or
4x12 trad rec

Which amp will take the cake for my dual rec 2005?

I've always preffered the traditional....the dual recto has more than enough bass as it is....there is no need to boost it with a bigger cab.

judging by your user name, i surmise you'll be playing some puppets and one on your dual rec. Therefore, i without a doubt recommend the traditional, as it will enhance the tight end response of the bass frequencies. So to recap: to play master=trad cab. To play huge godsmack chords=oversized cab.

ibanez4life SZ! said:
I've always preffered the traditional....the dual recto has more than enough bass as it is....there is no need to boost it with a bigger cab.

+1

I have one straight and one angled traditional cab that I use with my Dual Rec and Rectoverb. There is more than enough bass with these amps and the traditional cab is a good way to tighten it up. I play some of the big open chord dropped tuned stuff like Godsmack, Nickleback, Creed, etc. as well as tight, fast picking stuff like Metallica. I think the traditional cabinet lends itself well to both.

Both cabs are great and there is a relatively small difference between the two (I think the standard cab is only a few inches taller). A lot of it has to do with how you eq your amp for your cab. Either one would be a good choice but I slightly prefer the traditional cab.

The Traditional can fit in the back seat of my Mercury Sable (barely). The Standard is just too big to schlepp around in most cars.

Recto Standard :D That's what i got and I love it. It's also what 'tallica uses in the studio and live. I love the bass response and scooped midrange, but whatever floats your boat bud, both are good. I'm probably going to recommend the Traditional cab for the other guitarist in my band, b/c he's using a Stilleto, and those seem to benefit from the Traditional cab more.

-AJH

the standard is larger so the speakers have more room to move around giving it a more rich and full sound. i've never played on a traditional but i think its a tighter sound.

Latest posts

Back