The new rack (pictures)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SFW

Reaction score
Well here it is in all it's glory. The empty space above the ADA was left there so that when I get the 2:90 I'll be able to just remove the Micro Tube and slid the Mesa in. I've included a back shot for all you wire fiends... not the best, but I think it's fairly clean.

rack-01.jpg

rack-02.jpg

alright well i know what the furman and the tuner do but whats the rest of those in there and whats their signifigance...also..do you play guitar?

verity38 said:
alright well i know what the furman and the tuner do but whats the rest of those in there and whats their signifigance...also..do you play guitar?

lol... from the top down... and yes, I play guitar...

Furman power unit
Korg DTR-1000
Mesa/Boogie Triaxis (Preamp)
T.C. Electronic G*Major (effects unit)
ADA Micro Tube 200 (Poweramp)

One thing I didint like it.
On a real live stage situation,black cables can be a mass.
If you have some bad connection or if one of this cables will loose,in the dark on a stage black cables are nightmares.
So put some colors in your rack.
luck

lol...

Yes, the signal path goes Triaxis -> G*Major -> Poweramp. Why? Because after testing in in the loop and behind the preamp, I decided I thought it sounded best behind the preamp. I have also talked to several people who have made the same conclusion.

Mine is the same. TC recommends that you set it up that way. If you look back at some early Petrucci rigs, he doesn't use the loop of the Triaxis either.

when I had my digital multifx first i do the connection as you said, but after some years I notice that I prefer to have an extra control over the fx just skipping it if i want with the loop fx midi assignement as triaxis and other preamps, think that the tube #5 of the triaxis is just after the loop fx, so you could also test the tc on the loop fx with another tube

you had a rackmount MKIV right?

how do you like the triaxis compared to the mkiv? Do you think you get similiar sounds from the triaxis as the mkiv had? Kind of a metallica/log type open tone. If that makes sense. Im horrible at describing the sounds i want but those bands are fairly close. I do understand im not going to get either perfectly, especially not met's but if the triaxis can get similiar i think that may be my next setup, similiar to yours.

thanks man

triaxis is mono so it simply split your signal in two.
So theres no reason to use the 2 outs.
If a stereo fx like chorus for example came in the triaxis ,than you ll have to use the 2 outs if you wanted stereo sound.

Latest posts

Back