The new Mark V is NOW on Mesa's Site!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somehow I don't think so. If you think about it the MkIV has been out for quite a while and the old 1's II's and III's are still selling pretty well.

guitardude05 said:
see one of the features? "Kitchen Sink, Ice Maker, Beer Cooler (just kidding) but easier to use then this list suggests (not kidding)!"

there goes my investment in my mark iv. i should have sold it last week. shi.....

There is something to be said for having a "basic" control layout, less interference with guitar sound, easier to set up, works better with pedals... but we all knew the MkV was not going to be that amp. With regards to the 'user interface' - if you compare the simplicity of the control layout on this amp (given it's relative complexity to a 'standard' amp) to something like, say, the H&K Steve Morse model, or even the Mark IV it replaces, I think they've done a sterling job.

I for one can't wait to play one - I've already got a Mark I and a Mark IV and am (was?) on the look out for a IIC+ just as soon as one becomes available, Randy & Co. seem to have built me the perfect amp! Very excited.

Only pictures of the head on the website though - and for me, a Mark series simply MUST be a combo. How else are you going to piss off the guy with the Marshall stack :D actually come to think of it, it MUST be a combo and it MUST have an EVM12/15 speaker. Anyone got any other info on combos and speakers? Or price?!?!?!?!

zebpedersen said:
Only pictures of the head on the website though - and for me, a Mark series simply MUST be a combo. How else are you going to piss off the guy with the Marshall stack :D actually come to think of it, it MUST be a combo and it MUST have an EVM12/15 speaker. Anyone got any other info on combos and speakers? Or price?!?!?!?!

Well...in my opinion every Boogie sounds better with a closed cab, like a 2x12 or a 4x12. It's a fact and I have experienced it through these 15 years; more than this I think that a C90 is too hard to drive, if compared with a Celestion V30. To drive a C90 in a good way you must play with Boogie's master volume at 5; a V30, or similar with the same power handling, makes a better response at lower volume, so you can get all Boogie sounds at a decent volume (2 or 3).
Last, but not least, a Boogie combo is too heavy (mine weight 35kgs-77lbs) to my mind; the head is more portable... :D
Finally: buy the head and a closed cab, this is the perfect match....

Nah you're not going to convince me I'm afraid :) to each his own I guess!

Despite this, though, I do agree that the C90 would be/is the wrong speaker for a combo Mark series, happily I discovered yesterday that since I last checked Electrovoice have reissued the EVM12L without the stupid Zakk Wylde livery and associated price tag - if they do build a Mark V combo, this speaker will be installed post-haste.

zebpedersen said:
Nah you're not going to convince me I'm afraid :) to each his own I guess!

Be careful, dude...my campaign against the C90 has started! :twisted: :twisted:
Well...my intention isn't to convince anyone and, obviously, opionions are like noses....everyone has his own! :wink:

I've noticed that they've got both head and combo versions of the Electra Dyne on the site...not a good sign for the Mark V combo, surely. Which leads me to the question - if they're not going to do a combo, are they going to do a short head? If I can't get a combo, I will be requiring a short head to sit atop my EV-loaded 1x12 cabinet. Or is it going to be 2/4x12 only?

Might give the local Boogie stockist a call on Monday and see if there's any more information. Should this not have been posted to HC already?

How might I go about ordering one? Also, has anyone heard a price on these? I was just about to buy a Mark IV, but I think I'm going with one of these and I want to get my order in ASAP.

zebpedersen said:
I've noticed that they've got both head and combo versions of the Electra Dyne on the site...not a good sign for the Mark V combo, surely. Which leads me to the question - if they're not going to do a combo, are they going to do a short head? If I can't get a combo, I will be requiring a short head to sit atop my EV-loaded 1x12 cabinet. Or is it going to be 2/4x12 only?
I read here somewhere that they're offering a new wide version of a Thiele-like cabinet.

You can just about make out a tan or hardwood combo above all the heads on one of the NAMM videos on YouTube. Looks like widebody only, though - I guess my favourite combination of Mark series in a short combo with a 12" is gone! Annoying, as I'll have to get a new cab rather than just using an old EV 12".

Why are you guys arguing over whether there'll be a combo or not? Somebody posted the price list entries for the Electradyne and the Mark V on this board already, the V combo is a 1x12 with a C90, $2099.

Latest posts

Back