The ideal C+??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elpelotero

Reaction score
With all the recent mods vs. original factory, 100 vs 105 transformers, brightness mods, the .001, different production years, different boards used, etc etc...

What would be the ideal C+ to own? I am speaking solely in terms of TONE!!! NOT RESALE VALUE!! Which c+ would sound the best? In general terms, as tone is a bit subjective.

I think....mh....maybe the export version, simul class (all 6L6), eq, just original, no mods. :wink:

The export version had a larger power supply transformer that can be used at various line voltages. Theres a switch on the back that allows you to run the amp at 120V's, or 240V's, etc. Very handy if you live in a country that doesn't use the same line voltage as the US.
I would imagine the export tranny would also have an effect on the sound of the amp. However, it's been a very long time since I've played a Mesa with the export tranny, and I've never owned one so I can't comment on the sound difference. Maybe someone else can chime in on this.

IN terms of TONE IN my opinion there is NO IDEAL 2C+. There are just way too many factors to consider....listening room, tubes, tube wear, speakers, the listener's proximity to the amp, etc, guitars used, BOTTOM LINE IMO...it's a far too ambiguous question!

Well I'd like to know because so many times I see a 2c+ on ebay that looks clean on the outside, but inside there's been countless mods. Obviously people mod their amps so they sound better, and from my understandings on this board, there are several mods that people do to their C+'s that repeat very often. Therefore, these mods must be worth something, no?? What are they?

I just dont see how some people would prefer a 105 transformer over a 100. Or, if I live in the USA, would an export tran. benefit me any way?
Or, how come there are some people that choose solely to buy C+'s from a certain era? These are the kind of things I'm asking.

Go back and read EVERY Mark 2C and 2C+ topic and response in this forum and you WILL be enlightened :shock: THe answers/opinions to ALL your questions are already here :D

Good LUCK :wink:

Boogiebabies said:
snowman3000 said:
I think....mh....maybe the export version, simul class (all 6L6), eq, just original, no mods. :wink:

You ******* !!!! :D

Simul-EQ-Reverb-Hardwood-EV

HAH! ol' buddy! How's you? I miss my 'kin' trusty C+...I have a pod 1.0 right here...right now... ='(

BTW, back to the topic, as long as it has the EQ, i'm fine and happy =)

Latest posts

Back