The dynawatt power

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read somewhere that the "dynawatt patent (Pat# 4,713,624.) is a special way of running an amp in class AB1 mode.

From the ax84.com forum:
"If they're running hard into AB territory, they can easily get more than 18W. If they're running high voltage and hot bias, on tubes that will take it, they might be able to get 22W or more RMS at a low distortion level. But at high distortion levels, they could be getting 30W."

It means the amp is very responsive to your picking. The peaks in the sound will dynamically get more amplification than the softer parts. This amp is a variation on a class ab amp.
I read somewhere that it is "plain class ab1" but I don't know what that exactly means.
Try googling for "class ab" and "dynawatt" or "boogie". But if you really want to understand "dynawatt power", be prepared to read -a lot- of theory about tube amps. A good starting point would be the mesa website and Randall's explanation of Class A amps.

Yeah I really read a lot of theory tubes, even I have the 20/20 schematics, but I don´t see nothing that responses to the picking attack.
Maybe I must to get into the circuit one more time looking for the magic dynawatt :wink:

Latest posts

Back