The best rackmount guitar wireless unit available?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theaero

Reaction score
I want a wireless unit, but i love my tone, and dont want ANY drop outs or signal loss or anything like that. I also dont dynamic and playing changed at all.

What is the best wireless unit on the market? Needs to be rackmountable.

Ive been looking at the SLX14 but theres gotta be something better.

Opinions?

Assuming that we aren't talking about spending thousands of dollars.....
Everything I've read about the X2 products says that they're amazing, great, etc. A friend of mine has the stomp box model and he loves it.
They reportedly don't color your sound in any way. They make a rack model, the XDR95
(http://www.x2digitalwireless.com/product_xdr95.htm)
that has lotsa bells and whistles.
This model is definitely on my list of stuff to get.
David

I've had my X2 rackmount for four months now and there is nothing out there that compares. I also own a Seinheiser 172 and it sits in it's box now. To me, the X2 actually makes the sound better. I was having some hum problems when turning down the volume on my guitars and with the X2 that problem is gone. Just for fun a couple of months ago I took the unit outside to see just how far it would transmit and receive without any signal loss. I got it to just over 330 feet. Great unit.

But isnt the x2 digital? I dunno... Its definitely peaked my interested, but I dunno if having it go from A to D, then D back to A is going to change the way it drives my amp.

hmm =\

And wouldnt digital ADDA conversion create latency? =\

I dunno... =\

God **** it.

I was so unsure of myself... But i see a lot of them in peoples racks, and i did my research...

soo...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270240493409&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

Took the plunge.

I hope it rocks!

X2 is the most flawless, unclolored wireless sytem on the planet. I have actually used it in the studio. No pumping, breathing or unwanted compression. Just buy it. You will never look back.

Rock on

I use the X2 (pedal board version not rackmount) and its fantastic!!

The UPS guy JUST dropped off my X2. Im still sleepy though so I havent gone downstairs and gotten it. Its the rackmount one. Im stoked =]

IT WAS DEFECTIVE! =[ =[ =[ =[

THe sound kept cutting in and out and the faceplate was all warped =[

The are sending me a new one.. but its backordered =[

Ive got the little stomp box X2 on my pedal board and Ive been experiencing drop outs. And Im not that far away from the unit. It sits down in my pedal pad board so maybe I need to pick it up some.

IMG_1967.jpg

JW123-I had the same problem with the little pedal. Some drop outs etc. I switched it to the rack unit and have not looked back.

JW123 said:
Ive got the little stomp box X2 on my pedal board and Ive been experiencing drop outs. And Im not that far away from the unit. It sits down in my pedal pad board so maybe I need to pick it up some.

I have mine in my board with no drop out problems at all (within 100' or so).

nboard1.jpg

Try getting the receiver out of the board and away from all that metal. I bet it's interferring with reception.

Dom

grab a Shure UHF-R off of Ebay. they used to be Shure's top o' the line until 07. you can pick em up used for DIRT CHEAP from AVFORSALE on Ebay. they run about $300, and these are $1500 Pro units when new. i lose no tone on mine and i crank my Nomad up, walk to the bar across the street from the rehearsal studio and still NO DROPOUOT!!! highly reccomend.

found one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shure-U4S-UA-Single-UHF-Wireless-Mic-Receiver-no-mics_W0QQitemZ120281906234QQihZ002QQcategoryZ100230QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

I've been using an audiotechnica 4000 series for about three years now, and it has been great. I've also got a radial dragster on my strap before the wireless transmitter to load my pickups and compensate for the buffer in the wireless unit. No complaints, and no dropouts or unwanted sounds ever.

I love the x2 rack wireless. It has no need for a buffer, sounds great, has no interference at all, and looks cool.

it is made in kinda cheap plastic though, and batt life sucks

But I'll live.

Latest posts

Back