The Ace has arrived!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fsmith

Reaction score
It was sitting on my front porch when I came home from the mall yesterday. I thought GC might have screwed up, it was in a RK box...

Having had just a little time to play with it so far, I can tell you that I am pretty much speechless right now. This thing oozes tone.

I feel like a buddy of mine who bought a Guytron and said that he "can't find a bad tone in it". I'd have to say the same thing.

Everything I've dialed in so far sounds incredible. Cranked or toned down for house level. I also bought a hotplate and then added that after playing with just the head. This amp is incredibly versatile. I have a Petrucci with the piezo option and the acoustic sound on channel 1 fat clean is just incredible.

I think about all the money I've spent so far going through different amps and modelers... looking for that "tone" I kept hearing in my head and from different players. I used to think you could get it without having to spend $1500 or better, hell I spent more than that trying out and then selling all that gear.

I think I'm in heaven.

Hey Dave, I know you just bought a RK and are gassing for an Ace, if you have the means buddy, do it!!!! You will not be sorry.

fred

congrats fred, welcome to the club.

We expect the full gauntlet of pics/clips you realize... ;)

Congratulations Fred!! You are now free to "Boogie" when you like....haha. +1 for pics! I think for most of us on this board, getting a new amp is as exhilarating as getting a new car!!

-AJH

MesaENGR412 said:
Congratulations Fred!! You are now free to "Boogie" when you like....haha. +1 for pics! I think for most of us on this board, getting a new amp is as exhilarating as getting a new car!!

-AJH

more like way more exciting :D

Fredster, congrats........glad to see you joined the Mesa club. Now give us some pics and show off that bad boy...........oh and welcome.

I echo everything you said, Fred. It's the amp that puts an end to the search. Congrats!

Fred,

Your review makes me laugh so hard because I feel I could have wrote the exact same thing. There is something different about this amp. Great job & let me know what effects (if any it sounds so good) you end up using w/ it too. In the midnight hour she cried tone, tone, tone !

Tim

Yeah, yeah, I know without pics it doesn't exist... I'm still working on being able to record clips. I need to buy some hardware for my computer to make that happen.

Anyhow here are the pics. I love the little details by Mesa Boogie, nice leather handle and corner covers. Very classy looking I think. I was planning ahead and ordered my cab in matching tolex.

HPIM3133.jpg

HPIM3136.jpg

congratulations! i've alway heard excellent reviews for that amp. Waiting for clips!

Back