Test drove the Roadster at practice last night

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Warner

Reaction score
Even though I tended to irritate my band mates with on the fly tweeking it sounded really good! Of course, as usual, it sounded slightly different in the practice room up on a stand compared to in my practice room on the floor (with wheels on) and slightly higher volume. I'm mainly settled on the spongy mode.

We typically have two guitarists and the other guy plays a Marshal. Unfortunately he couldn't make it last night. That was kind of a bummer because I was curious to see how well the two amps worked together. I have a feeling it will work out really well!

Anyway, I'm finding that for my taste the Roadster likes the tube screamer up front. Especially on channels 3-4. I had the gain drive and tone dialed up at about 12:00 and played with the channel gains a little.

The twead mode also seems to like the TS so i was trying to find one TS setting that would work with all of them.

If you're using a TS would you mind sharing how you've got it dialed in?

tele_jas, you had mentioned that you use two TS's in another thread. Would you care to elaborate on what you're doing there? And btw thanks for the channel settings you posted! I haven't tried them yet but just glancing at them I think I landed in roughly the same areas. It sounds like we have similar tastes in tone. Btw, I also use Wolfgangs pretty much all the time.

I'm still not settled on what I'm going to do with channels 1 an 2. I love the tweed and the fat clean are very nice but I'm having trouble with a nice full/lush chimey clean for chord strumming. Even with my last tube amp (HK Switchblade) I found myself bringing my old Line 6 AX2 for that particular clean sound. I dont know if adding a chorus and maybe a delay will get me in that same territory on the Roadster.

tele_jas, are you using your VOX AC for your cleans?

Anyway, I'm still extremly happy with Roadster! It definately has the crunch and heavey tones I've been wanting. I can also cover a lot of material with the tweed. The reverb is also very very nice!

Well, time to unload from last nights practice and do a little experimenting! Yee Haw!

You night be disappointed at first when the other guitarist brings in his marshall, just remember you guys are voiced different, you have more of the lower mids, where he will have more upper, so it might sound like he is cutting through better.

But when it all comes down, you will both be in a different spectrum and depending how he EQ's his amp you might just swallow him.

As to running to TS9's, I kind of do the same thing, except I have one TS9 and one Boss SD3, and basically I dont run them at the same time, I use which ever one I want. One I have set with the level all the way up and the gain all the way down, basically acting as a boost only. The second one I have set up with the gain all the way up and the level up, it is acting as a boost plus putting some overdrive on top.

Honestly if you want to be able to run multiple settings your best bet is to get something like a Boss GT5 or GT3 Or 7 or something simular and just use it for effects and stay away from the amp sims. This way you can have many different patches with many different settings of overdrive as you want..

Latest posts

Back