Tell me about the Mark IIB

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soundstorm

Reaction score
Tone qualities and capabilities.

I've owned a Mark IV and currently a IIC+.

I was thinking a IIB could be an affordable backup since I'm a low gain player.

Thanks in advance..

-Trey

The Mk IIb that I own, which is a 60 watter w/o the on board eq, sounds very close to a Mk I. The rhthym channel sounds really nice when set for clean. One of these should make a great back up to your Mk IIC+!

The cleans will be close, I like the clean of the IIB better myself. The lead channel is where the HUGE difference comes in. The IIB is good, better than most but not as fluid as the C+. I compared these side by side for many nights as I played my IIB and the other Guitarist played his C+ night after night the C+ was just better on the heavier stuff. We even switch guitars and would switch amps It didn't make a difference. That's why the C+ sells for $3000.00 and the IIB sells for $750.00.

I personally think the clean channel on the IIB is one of the best sounding I've ever heard. Set it a 8 and it's really got some nice grit.
Set it at 6 and it's sweet cream blackface pie.....

Just listen to The Clash: "From Here to Eternity" live album. Mick Johnes from The Clash used Les Paul with Boogie Mark IIB thru 4x12 Marshall cab. The guitar sound is HUGE. THIS is what IIB lead sounds like. 8)

Back